Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
When kids want to stay home from school...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

chocolate moose  

Post Wed, Apr 25 2007, 3:56 pm
I would not do this. In our house, we stay home only if we have fever or are throwing up.

Bad chinuch otherwise.

Motek  

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 10:23 am
Bad chinuch? for a 3 year old? Who says the 3 year old needs to be in school at all?

I can see that for an older child, say 5-6, it would be a chinuch issue.

gryp  

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 10:30 am
poelmamosh-There was more than one teacher, right? Were you sitting on the bench? I'm bad with recognizing faces, but if you recognize me again somewhere, please say hi!

Quote:
except once a mom told me her daughter faked being sick just so the class would call her at home..lol).

LOL!
My son hates those phone calls, he runs away and says, "Mommy, YOU talk!"

I'm not worried about Pre1A and up. He'll know he has to go to school. Except maybe once in a while. Wink

I actually spoke to the teacher yesterday and she thinks the opposite of me.

chocolate moose  

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 12:19 pm
three year olds can learn plenty, motek.

Motek

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 1:00 pm
Didn't say not.

Seems that your point was not a chinuch one at all. Merely, you worked fulltime, therefore your kids had to be in school.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 1:48 pm
I wouldn't have had them on my head anyway.

poelmamosh

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 3:31 pm
sorry, GR, I don't remember who the mother of those cuties were... I just noticed the upshernish boy.
I have a lt brown sheitel, chin length, was probably wearing back and I'm pretty overweight...can't miss me!
I usually DON'T sit on a bench when I'm at the park w all my kids, tho. I think it's...unethical and unsafe, so I don't think that was me

MOM222

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 4:41 pm
I think 2 times a week is a lot to stay home.

If you think about it. School is only 5 days a week. 4 full days. So out of 4 days hes missing half.

I agree that some kids need to stay home once in a while. I remember feeling great when my mother let me stay home and I went back to school feeling like I had a great vacation.

gryp  

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 5:57 pm
Quote:
sorry, GR, I don't remember who the mother of those cuties were... I just noticed the upshernish boy.

oh well. we'll have to try again. Wink

Mom222, you may be right. I don't know, I'm all confused. My day was nuts. My son was beaten up on the playground in school today by two other kids and not one teacher noticed. I am as mad anyone can ever imagine. I don't feel like sending him back to school ever.

greenfire  

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 6:30 pm
GR wrote:
I don't know, I'm all confused. My day was nuts. My son was beaten up on the playground in school today by two other kids and not one teacher noticed. I am as mad anyone can ever imagine. I don't feel like sending him back to school ever.

That is absurd!!! I feel so bad for him ... I wanna go and yell at the teachers and the kids and their parents for hurting your baby ... Twisted Evil

gryp  

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 7:22 pm
Tell me about it. I'm seething with no one to yell at. Mad

greenfire  

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 7:32 pm
GR wrote:
Tell me about it. I'm seething with no one to yell at. Mad

why - don't you know who did it?!?!?! I will come right over and investigate!!!

Pickle Lady  

Post Thu, Apr 26 2007, 7:49 pm
Come on its preschool!!!! Do what you think is right for your child GR. If you think he only really needs a few days a week and all week is too much for him then do what you think is right.

About the incident on the playground. Wow thats upseting. Is he OK?

gryp  

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 6:25 am
Thanx Pickle Lady and greenfire. Physically, except for bruises on his legs, he's fine. Emotionally, we're all traumatized.
He was just sitting on the ground happily when two other kids from a different class came over and started kicking him. Then they stepped up on his legs Crying and started punching him in the head and took away his yarmulke. Crying This went on for longer than a full minute.

My husband happened to be upstairs looking out the window trying to see if he can find how his little boy is playing and this is what he saw. Teachers' backs were turned, they must have been having a very interesting conversation!!! My husband ran down the stairs as fast as he could, as you can imagine, and grabbed him away and brought him inside.

I've been training Mendel to defend himself, but since he's very shy he just freezes up instead. Confused I don't know how to get him out of that freezing stage. He's just a light skinny kid, and he gets knocked over easily. He only weights 33 lbs, can you imagine two kids attacking him like that?

He doesn't know the kids' names or which class they're from. If he happens to see them again he can point them out to his teacher. But it's two kids he has to find out of out of 80.

I don't know what kind of nasty kids are out there. They should be sent to a preschool boot camp.

greenfire  

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 6:31 am
GR I have a very sweet son ... 18 now ... but when he was little he was actually quite built physically but by nature was a quite intensive and sensitive boy ... others would hit him take off his glasses step on his projects ... wouldn't you know it always the "bigger" boys and always on the schoolbus where nobody could ever see ... I had been telling him for years to defend himself to no avail ... one day in like a way older grade a boy was talking rudely behind his back (about lubavitch) my son turned around and punched him in his face ... I tell you the shock ... the horror ... I said if they hit you not if they talk about you - anyway ... none of the other parents seemed to care because I was the one to call them so my son would apologize ... go figure

gryp  

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 7:16 am
thanx for the spin with your own story, greenfire. Smile I needed that smile.

greenfire  

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 7:24 am
GR wrote:
thanx for the spin with your own story, greenfire. Smile I needed that smile.

yeah my point by the way ... he will grow out of it ... give him time ... don't worry ... my son is actually a good boy still sensitive ... but will defend himself is all

gryp  

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 7:42 am
so how many times is he supposed to get beat up until he finally hits back? Confused

I can tell him to play near his teacher so she can watch everything, but that's not fair to him.

greenfire  

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 7:54 am
sorry I wish I knew ... but it does seem to be only when they defend themselves that the boys stop bothering them ...

gryp  

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 8:19 am
People may think I'm nuts, but I came to the conclusion that probably the only way to give him enough self-confidence to defend himself would be to take self-defense classes. So I'm going to do that.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers