Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What is your immediate reaction to thread titles (part 1)
  Previous  1  2  3 306  307  308 457  458  459  Next

the world's best mom  

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 8:43 pm
help me plan a day in holland

Most people do not plan their trip to Holland. You're supposed to plan on visiting Italy. The Holland vacation comes as a surprise. But if you want to plan, speak to parents of kids with Down syndrome.

PinkFridge  

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 9:32 pm
Do I need a double?

Here are some questions you may want to ask yourself that might give you clarity:
Does my character perform stunts beyond my capability?
Am I a head of state?
Etc.

PinkFridge  

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 9:33 pm
BEST most AMAZING chicken recipe thread!

I don't think the LEAST most AMAZING chicken recipe thread is getting too many views....

bluebird  

Post Mon, Jun 20 2011, 10:18 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
BEST most AMAZING chicken recipe thread!

I don't think the LEAST most AMAZING chicken recipe thread is getting too many views....

http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....66420

DrMom  

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 1:49 pm
"kalish or mushulu please help???"

Sorry, I left my Klingon dictionary at home.

zaq  

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 5:53 pm
Does/Can your DH take off when you have a baby?

He'd better not if he knows what's good for him. I need him at my side, not off wherever.

zaq  

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 6:02 pm
Help me find a solution for Friday night supper please!

Let X= Supper
Let Y= Friday night
Let Z= Family

X+Y+Z=Happiness

cuties' mom  

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 7:53 pm
What do you wear for swimming (women only)

Thank you for warning the male trolls that if they answer they will give away their identities.

mommyla  

Post Tue, Jun 21 2011, 8:56 pm
the world's best mom wrote:

Most people do not plan their trip to Holland. You're supposed to plan on visiting Italy. The Holland vacation comes as a surprise. But if you want to plan, speak to parents of kids with Down syndrome.

Love it!!

Dh never brushes his teeth!!
EEEEWWW!!!
(Gotta say, I know that's not the most original reaction, but it's definitely my *immediate* reaction. Gross!)
All you clever imamothers beat me to posting good ones...

DrMom  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 7:54 am
"We survive month to month, how can we change that. HELP!"

Die?

curlgirl  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 7:57 am

Am I the only one who doesn't get this? Scratching Head

B"H  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 8:05 am
curlgirl wrote:

it's referring to this:

Welcome To Holland
by
Emily Perl Kingsley

I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability - to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand it, to imagine how it would feel. It's like this......

When you're going to have a baby, it's like planning a fabulous vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guide books and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum. The Michelangelo David. The gondolas in Venice. You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting.

After months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes in and says, "Welcome to Holland."

"Holland?!?" you say. "What do you mean Holland?? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've dreamed of going to Italy."

But there's been a change in the flight plan. They've landed in Holland and there you must stay.

The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting, filthy place, full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place.

So you must go out and buy new guide books. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have met.

It’s just a different place. It's slower-paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you look around.... and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills....and Holland has tulips. Holland even has Rembrandts.

But everyone you know is busy coming and going from Italy... and they're all bragging about what a wonderful time they had there. And for the rest of your life, you will say "Yes, that's where I was supposed to go. That's what I had planned."

And the pain of that will never, ever, ever, ever go away... because the loss of that dream is a very very significant loss.

But... if you spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you may never be free to enjoy the very special, the very lovely things ... about Holland.

PinkFridge  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 9:33 am
curlgirl wrote:

B"H explained. I just want to add that while I thought of that too, I didn't say it because this article evokes fierce reaction, and while I've had my own challenges, they don't include special needs kids. For some parents of special needs kids, or people with other challenges, it resonates. Others can't stand it. I wouldn't be surprised to find that there there's a thread on this somewhere here.

DrMom  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 9:37 am
curlgirl wrote:

I had no idea what we were talking about until B"H posted.

auntie_em  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 10:03 am
DrMom wrote:
"We survive month to month, how can we change that. HELP!"

Die?

Rolling Laughter
Yep, that's what we're here for! To help solve problems large and small!

mommyla  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 12:33 pm
coke during pregnancy

I dunno, my doc always warned me to lay off the drugs once I got pregnant.

PinkFridge  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 12:52 pm
shell dying

Quick! Someone call Hatzalah!

yiddishemommy

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 1:07 pm
is it bad to have one bite?

one bite a minute? one bite a day? one bite a month? hmmm I would say one yearly bite is definitely not bad...

Barbara  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 3:41 pm
Dressing for a Broccoli Salad

Look, I dress for work. I dress for Shabbat. Usually. Unless DH are at home alone. I even dress for DS' games. But I put the limit at broccoli salad. I will NOT dress for a broccoli salad. It will have to accept me, no matter what I have on.

auntie_em  

Post Wed, Jun 22 2011, 5:30 pm
Twenties child exhibiting cult-like behavior- who can advise

I would say a Twenties child is exhibiting time-travelling behavior.
For advice I would seek out Mr Peabody and Sherman.
Page 307 of 459   Previous  1  2  3 306  307  308 457  458  459  Next Recent Topics