Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What is your immediate reaction to thread titles (part 1)
  Previous  1  2  3 207  208  209 457  458  459  Next

louche  

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 8:25 pm
Very modest bathing suit

Sequel to A Very Hungry caterpillar

leomom  

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 11:30 pm
louche - your last two were LOL

lots of funny ones from everyone on the previous page, too!

leomom  

Post Wed, Jul 14 2010, 11:55 pm
"Salmon Pinwheels - help!"

Anyone remember Emily Litella from the old Saturday Night Live? embarrassed Well, that's what this made me think of...

What's all this I keep hearing about SALMON PINWHEELS? Every day I hear people saying, "Emily, stop eating salmon or you're gonna get pinwheels!" I've had it just about up to HERE with these new rules they keep making about the food we can eat and the food we can't eat. Now when we eat salmon, we're gonna get PINWHEELS! And that's disgusting! .... What? What? Oh. Not pinworms? Pinwheels, like the shape? A nice fish recipe? .... NEVER MIND!

(Edited to correct the name of the Gilda Radner character. It wasn't Rosanne Rosannadanna, and now my life is complete because I got this straightened out!)

Last edited by leomom on Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

life'sgreat  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:11 am
Please help me get clean - menstruation

Errr, no thanks.

freshie  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 5:38 am
ISO clothing for my 7th year old daughter

she is your 7th daughter and 7 years old?

melbee

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 11:12 am
yy wrote:

Anyone remember Rosanne Rosannadanna from the old Saturday Night Live? embarrassed Well, that's what this made me think of...

What's all this I keep hearing about SALMON PINWHEELS? Every day I hear people saying, "Rosanne Rosannadanna, stop eating salmon or you're gonna get pinwheels!" I've had it just about up to HERE with these new rules they keep making about the food we can eat and the food we can't eat. Now when we eat salmon, we're gonna get PINWHEELS! And that's disgusting! .... What? What? Oh. Not pinworms? Pinwheels, like the shape? A nice fish recipe? .... NEVER MIND!

Is it strange that I know who you're talking about, and also know that it was the character Emily Litella you're thinking of and not Rosanne Rosannadanna? Both Gilda Radner, but Emily was the character with the hearing jokes. I cracked up at your comparison. Haven't thought about that character in awhile! (I used to be a real SNL nut) Very Happy

mindyme  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:37 pm
"dreaming of a stocked freezer..."

then start cooking and stop dreaming!!!

louche  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:49 pm
yy wrote:

Anyone remember Rosanne Rosannadanna from the old Saturday Night Live? embarrassed Well, that's what this made me think of...

What's all this I keep hearing about SALMON PINWHEELS? Every day I hear people saying, "Rosanne Rosannadanna, stop eating salmon or you're gonna get pinwheels!" I've had it just about up to HERE with these new rules they keep making about the food we can eat and the food we can't eat. Now when we eat salmon, we're gonna get PINWHEELS! And that's disgusting! .... What? What? Oh. Not pinworms? Pinwheels, like the shape? A nice fish recipe? .... NEVER MIND!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Barbara  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:49 pm
Two word sentences

jezus wept. There. I said it. Best known one there is. Now what does that say about me.

louche  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:50 pm
camp name lables- what do you write on the label?

I may be going out on a limb here, but my guess would be...your child's name?

onlyme  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 12:56 pm
louche wrote:
camp name lables- what do you write on the label?

I may be going out on a limb here, but my guess would be...your child's name?

Actually, if I'd be writing camp name labels, I think I'd write the camp's name.

louche  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 1:56 pm
Barbara wrote:
Two word sentences

jezus wept. There. I said it. Best known one there is. Now what does that say about me.

you're culturally literate.

You know, there are so many mistakes in the Christian bible. Few people know this, but the original was not "J*sus wept". It was about assigned roles during the last supper, and it said "J*sus SWEPT." Presumably Matthew cooked, Luke set the table, Paul did the dishes, and J*sus swept. Even back then, there were Hispanic domestic workers.

Zus  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 2:14 pm
"humira causing low sperm count"

I keep reading:
Humra causing low sperm count.

sequoia  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 8:17 pm
"ISO recipe for frozen Pollock"

I'd rather have frozen Warhol.

Barbara  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 8:24 pm
louche wrote:
Barbara wrote:
Two word sentences

you're culturally literate.

You know, there are so many mistakes in the Christian bible. Few people know this, but the original was not "J*sus wept". It was about assigned roles during the last supper, and it said "J*sus SWEPT." Presumably Matthew cooked, Luke set the table, Paul did the dishes, and J*sus swept. Even back then, there were Hispanic domestic workers.

LOL

One of my favorite jokes. A yuppie, reeling from the economic downturn, joins an order of Brothers devoted to copying, by hand, the ancient and sacred texts. One day, the yuppie turned to the Father, the leader of the order, and said *Father, we're copying from copies, not originals. How do we know there are no mistakes?* *That's a good question, son. I am going to our vaults to compare our copies to the ancient texts* So off Father goes. Hours pass, then days, and he doesn't return. The Brothers become concerned, and go to find him. As they approach the vault, the Brothers hear sobbing. It grows louder and louder. They run to find Father crying. He manages to sob, *The word is CELEBRATE*

mindyme  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 8:46 pm
Could you please explain this joke?

sequoia  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 8:47 pm
They thought it was "celibate."

leomom  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 10:08 pm
melbee wrote:
yy wrote:

Is it strange that I know who you're talking about, and also know that it was the character Emily Litella you're thinking of and not Rosanne Rosannadanna? Both Gilda Radner, but Emily was the character with the hearing jokes. I cracked up at your comparison. Haven't thought about that character in awhile! (I used to be a real SNL nut) Very Happy

By golly, you're right!! I had some kind of memory lapse! I've edited my post. Very Happy

HindaRochel  

Post Thu, Jul 15 2010, 11:35 pm
Buying something online in 9 days

It really takes that long? Usually only takes me a few minutes, tops!

louche  

Post Fri, Jul 16 2010, 11:06 am
ISO a small challah recipe

3 pk Yeast
1 tb Brown sugar
3/4 c Warm water
3 c Whole wheat flour
3 c All purpose flour; or more
1 1/2 ts Salt
3 Eggs
2/3 c Oil
1/2 c Water
1/2 c Honey
1 Egg beaten with
1 1/2 ts Water; for brushing on top
Sesame seeds

Preparationsource: One of my old recipe files yield: three challahs Mix yeast, brown sugar, and warm water in a bowl. Let stand for five minutes, until mixture bubbles. In a mixer bowl, mix both flours and salt. In a separate bowl, mix eggs, oil, water, and honey. Set aside. Add the yeast mixture to the flour in the mixer bowl. Add the egg mixture to the mixer. Mix on medium speed, adding more flour if needed. Dough should be soft, not sticky. Knead on a flat surface for one minute. Place sough in an oiled bowl, turning to oil the whole surface. Cover and rise at least two hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Shape into three braided loaves. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Page 208 of 459   Previous  1  2  3 207  208  209 457  458  459  Next Recent Topics