Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Shattered Glass serial in Mishpacha
  Previous  1  2  3 16  17  18  Next

israel22  

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 12:08 am
so the end! thats it!! FINALLY!!!! everyone is pretty quiet about this one!

realeez  

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 6:26 am
Anyone see this?

http://www.onlysimchas.com/go/92024

Mama Bear  

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 6:56 am
israel22 I only got my mishpacha now! it was delayed due to the volcano. gonna read it now and respond.

realeez  

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 6:57 am
Funny because I got mine yesterday which is early!

Mama Bear  

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 7:00 am
a story that started on a high and ended.... nowhere. but there's an epilogue coming next week so let's stay tuned for that.

chavamom

Post Fri, Apr 23 2010, 7:30 am
israel22 wrote:

It sort of felt like someone finally put the story out of its misery.

israel22  

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 2:42 pm
chavamom wrote:
israel22 wrote:

It sort of felt like someone finally put the story out of its misery.

lol! it was a relief and I was just suprised noone wrote anything!

its a funny thing always with serials I when I open to them I always immedialtley look to the end to see if it says to be con or the end!!!! lol! I got my wish this week! Very Happy

Liba  

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 2:53 pm
realeez wrote:
Anyone see this?

http://www.onlysimchas.com/go/92024

But they aren't engaged in the magazine I got this week, they were just getting ready to go out again for the first time after their "separation". Are people jumping the gun or am I a week behind?

israel22  

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 2:54 pm
no someone is just jumping the gun I belive no news yet even though its sort of ovious...

Liba  

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 2:55 pm
I wonder if the book will be the real story. It feels like Shattered Glass built up so nicely and then wasn't. Very disappointing.

Liba

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 2:58 pm
israel22 wrote:
no someone is just jumping the gun I belive no news yet even though its sort of ovious...

It seems obvious now, but you never know...

israel22  

Post Sat, Apr 24 2010, 3:00 pm
I hear that! guess we will watch and wait!

boy will that be funny if it doesnt' work out and somone was stupid enough tto put in on onlysimchas...

ILOVELIFE  

Post Sun, Apr 25 2010, 10:40 am
[tantrums] Riva I want the real deal. This story started off as my absolute favorite and seems to be a writer's nightmare come true.

What's next? Are you doing another seriel? When do we get the original version? Wld you consider publishing it?

Levtov  

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 6:24 am
So, how did you like the" AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER" ending????

Mama Bear  

Post Fri, Apr 30 2010, 7:30 am
I respect and love Riva so I dont want to be critical of the ending on this thread . It's not her fault it all, it' the fault of the management that forced her to make a u-turn on a story with so much potential and contemporary truth. The story was slaughtered the week she had to backtrack and turn it into a motherinlaw/daughterinlaw/cherished son situation.

blossoming flower  

Post Sat, May 01 2010, 8:38 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I respect and love Riva so I dont want to be critical of the ending on this thread . It's not her fault it all, it' the fault of the management that forced her to make a u-turn on a story with so much potential and contemporary truth. The story was slaughtered the week she had to backtrack and turn it into a motherinlaw/daughterinlaw/cherished son situation.

I totally agree. I'm crazy over her style of writing, and I do hope she writes another serial. I'm really looking forward

Levtov  

Post Sat, May 01 2010, 11:59 pm
Mama Bear wrote:

I agree with you. Once Riva got distracted by the noisy naysayers, there was no turning back...all downhill from there. Riva, I really hope you are working on something new and exciting already!!! Good Luck, Hatzlacha Raba!

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 12:18 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Can't agree more! Well said-- Riva what's next?

israel22

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 1:37 am
and I want to know if and when she publishes the book will it bee the ORIGNAL version or MISHPACHA version!!! waiting to see!

write on

Post Sun, May 02 2010, 1:43 pm
Hi Everyone! Sorry for not responding--I haven't been lurking here for a little while; too busy helping Huvi out with her newborn baby :-).

Mama Bear, you are so sweet--thank you for the love and the goodwill and for such staunch faith in me. I do want to say that I want to shift blame away from "the Administration" and reframe what happened. You will read more about it this week in an interesting, revealing post-op. The decision was made by rabbonim, with lots of thought and weighing of all sides, and to be very honest, to have continued with the serial may have cost me my career, which would not have been a happy thing fo rme. Agreed?

israel22, I do not intend to publish the Mishpacha version of Shattered Glass as a book, simply because I'm disappointed in it. If I do decide, at some point, to write the "real deal", I will let you all know!

Levtov--(such a beautiful name!), thanks for your wellwishes. My next serial will be spectacular, b'ezras Hashem.

ILOVELIFE, I normally ignore tantrums, but since you're not my kid I'll indulge you :-). I can understand your disappointment and frustration; it may actually mirror mine. But everything has its time and place and what happened was obviously meant to happen. You will like the next serial, I think. I hope! It is not in anyone's best interests right now for me to reveal the real story.

blossoming flower--thanks for your kind words!

Okay, everyone, if you have any other feedback for me, feel free to write on my website, www.rivapomerantz.com. I'm very good about responding. Regards!
Page 17 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room