Shattered Glass serial in Mishpacha
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 16  17  18  Next

Cookies n Cream  

Post Thu, Dec 17 2009, 5:45 pm
PATHETIC.
That's all I have to say for now.

ILOVELIFE  

Post Thu, Dec 17 2009, 8:51 pm
This week was a let down. Does a/one else think that she may've had a diff story line in mind but then there was flack so she changed the story line and it's much less exciting? I was hooked and now it's becoming too shleppy and mussary as well as anti-climatic too often

chavamom  

Post Fri, Dec 18 2009, 12:05 am
ILOVELIFE wrote:
This week was a let down. Does a/one else think that she may've had a diff story line in mind but then there was flack so she changed the story line and it's much less exciting? I was hooked and now it's becoming too shleppy and mussary as well as anti-climatic too often

Yup. Esp. after the letters to the editor claiming this story had no place in a torah household Rolling Eyes

sarahd  

Post Sun, Dec 20 2009, 11:43 am
realeez wrote:
sarahd wrote:
Who fainted this week? Don't you know, you can't have a real melodrama without people swooning all over the place (and staggering, paling, blanching, clapping their hands to their brows, clutching their hearts, startling at every sound...what else does Huvi keep on doing?)

You forgot the most important - faces turning ashen!

I knew there was something I was leaving out!

bashinda  

Post Mon, Dec 21 2009, 7:19 am
chavamom: because in a true Torah household, we all live with her heads in the sand. There are no problems.

Actually this is reminding me of an article by somebody I have had the zchus to meet about the perfect woman who was reading Bina and got upset because *gasp* it had articles *gasp* where people weren't *gasp* perfect! and *gasp* had problems!

daisy  

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 6:48 am
So what does everyone think, now that the story has shifted focus to the relationship between Betzalel and his mother.

sarahd  

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 9:05 am
I think that I'm getting tired of every installment ending in a dramatic cliffhanger.

Mama Bear  

Post Thu, Jan 28 2010, 10:27 am
Ladies do you think Huvi was wrong or right for not wanting betzalel to go to the hospital overnight?

ClaRivka  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 5:37 pm
I also have a (to say the least) strained relationship with my mil but I kno that if she had fallen and was in the hospital I would let my husband go to the hospital with her and I may even go along with my husband... (and trust me I have more reason to be upset with my mil then huvi has for hating hers)

no matter how annoying they are they r our parents....and if I really loved my husband I would let him go right away! it doesnt seem like her kids r that hard to deal with so y is she so worried abt getting them out of the house in the morning?

and what was betzalel trying to say abt his parents relationship??

dolphin

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 5:39 pm
stop taking these storied personally. They are for entertainment purposes only! Just read and relax and be glad it is not happening to you!

Yakira  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 5:43 pm
I catch up with like five weeks at a time and am always amazed at how little I actually read in over a month! There is so little that has been going on! And is this is, will they not write about the OTD part any more becasue there are complaints?!

uch. I get so annoyed when I hear this.

downsyndrome  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 5:47 pm
It just makes me wanna scream. It is stretched and churned and twisted and its kishkes are wrung out and there is no juice left to this story! Oh, and those dramatics! Perfect for elementary school girls. "Tzal" and "Huvs" are gettin' on my nerves.

Cookies n Cream  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 5:50 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
It just makes me wanna scream. It is stretched and churned and twisted and its kishkes are wrung out and there is no juice left to this story! Oh, and those dramatics! Perfect for elementary school girls. "Tzal" and "Huvs" are gettin' on my nerves.

LOL Well said!

Tova  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 5:50 pm
dolphin wrote:
stop taking these storied personally. They are for entertainment purposes only! Just read and relax and be glad it is not happening to you!

I can't comment on this serial, as I do not get the Mishpacha and will have to wait for this to come out in book form (like I did for Green Fences) but this is a personality thing. Some people - like me - enjoy reading these fiction stories and analyzing the characters and events as if it were real.

chavamom  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 5:51 pm
I do wonder where she is going with this. The interview with Riva Pomeranz wrote that she decided to write the story after meeting a woman at the park who seemed perfect and finding out that she was divorced. She started wondering how someone with a seemingly perfect life could wind up divorced. I can't imagine that Mishpacha would "go there", but do wonder if that's maybe where we are headed???

realeez  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 6:28 pm
chavamom wrote:
I do wonder where she is going with this. The interview with Riva Pomeranz wrote that she decided to write the story after meeting a woman at the park who seemed perfect and finding out that she was divorced. She started wondering how someone with a seemingly perfect life could wind up divorced. I can't imagine that Mishpacha would "go there", but do wonder if that's maybe where we are headed???

But now it seems like if a divorce will happen, it will be because of his relationship with his mother rather than him going off-the-derech like the initial plot...

PinkFridge  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 6:36 pm
chavamom wrote:

Interesting. I haven't read the story or the interview. But maybe this woman had it more together and a more perfect life because she was divorced?

Levtov  

Post Sat, Jan 30 2010, 10:34 pm
downsyndrome wrote:
Totally agree with you.Although it was a touchy subject, I couldn't wait for the next week while Betzalel was slipping OTD...It sorta gave me the creeps....

Yakira  

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 7:42 am
another thing that bothers me about this serial...I know there's no other way to do it, but as someone who is used to reading and watching secular media, and who likes to imagine herself in the characters shoes, I find all of the interactions between Betzalel and Huvi without any physical touch or verbal expressions of their love very very unrealistic and hard to relate to. As a wife.

I know this is just how its done in frum publications, and I get why, but I rarely read them and also you don't often find so much interaction between husbands and wives in these types of stories. So it seems extra glaring.

chavamom  

Post Sun, Jan 31 2010, 12:53 pm
Husbands and wives touch? shock
Page 8 of 18   Previous  1  2  3 7  8  9 16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room