Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Shattered Glass serial in Mishpacha
  1  2  3  16  17  18  Next

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 8:16 pm
I read this week's installment and I was so shocked at how daring the Mishpacha magazine is by allowing this story in. Internet and kfirah blogs? Wow! No other magazine would allow such a story in. I dont know if I should be impressed or horrified.

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 8:19 pm
I know!

also, which seriel is it with the sfardi guy who took something on the plane for that supposed rabbi? I thought its a little too early to b writing a fiction abt such things..

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 8:27 pm
also in mishpacha, I forget the name.

queen

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 9:01 pm
I believe that serial is called "whispers in the windddddddd" by Dov Haller

I have not read Riva's installment for this week however I think it's great. It gets boring to read "rosey" stories all day long... this is a little bit (!) more dramatic.

daisy

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 9:20 pm
Sounds like something one would read on Imamother!

yihyetov

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:03 pm
I love them! especially shattered glass, this is the generation, and even though it may seem horrific it is a very aprapo topic

flowerpower

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:05 pm
I love the auther, she is realistic and writes well.

sweet

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:06 pm
Its the first story I read in the family first. Its very interesting.

Newly Wed

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:31 pm
Its that natural shove-it-under-the-rug reaction that's making you cringe. Both of these stories have a very realistic feel and deal with situations we come across daily. Would fiction about mothers diapering babies be more to your liking? That's real life- this is a twist on real life as well. Kick up those feet and relax.

Happy reading!

fmt4

Post Thu, Sep 17 2009, 11:33 pm
Yeah, this story seems much more realistic than the last one, Green Fences. Her husband was wayyy too perfect in that one, it kind of irked me.
I'm a little confused though...is the husband in this one saying that the only inappropriate things he looked at on the internet was apikorsis stuff, or is the author very subtly hinting there might have been some other stuff too if you know what I mean. Now THAT would be risque.

rb

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:03 pm
Newly Wed wrote:
Its that natural shove-it-under-the-rug reaction that's making you cringe. Both of these stories have a very realistic feel and deal with situations we come across daily. Would fiction about mothers diapering babies be more to your liking? That's real life- this is a twist on real life as well. Kick up those feet and relax.

Happy reading!

I agree %100

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:23 pm
fmt4 wrote:
Yeah, this story seems much more realistic than the last one, Green Fences. Her husband was wayyy too perfect in that one, it kind of irked me.
I'm a little confused though...is the husband in this one saying that the only inappropriate things he looked at on the internet was apikorsis stuff, or is the author very subtly hinting there might have been some other stuff too if you know what I mean. Now THAT would be risque.

I havent read this weeks installment but it mentioned he was eading philosophy so thats probably what theyre gearing towards

sunny90

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:28 pm
ClaRivka wrote:
fmt4 wrote:

I havent read this weeks installment but it mentioned he was eading philosophy so thats probably what theyre gearing towards

well I just read it and it did seem like it might have been hinting towards other stuff--when it said that he was thinking that now she knew the story--or most of it.
I have a feeling this story is going to get seriously contraversial.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 12:32 pm
sunny90 wrote:
ClaRivka wrote:
fmt4 wrote:

well I just read it and it did seem like it might have been hinting towards other stuff--when it said that he was thinking that now she knew the story--or most of it.
I have a feeling this story is going to get seriously contraversial.

interesting Smile

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Sep 18 2009, 1:15 pm
Even if it's just kfirah blogs, this is a topic that no othe rpublication would ever touch, which is why I'm impressed. I am not upset about the story, it's unforutnately a very true reality in today's day and age. I'm jsut shocked theyre not afrid to take on such a controversial issue.

slushiemom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 4:37 am
I met with Riva Pomerantz this morning, and I brought up this story, and this thread on imamother. We discussed the pros and cons of discussing things like this, of which there are conflicting opinions, but the bottom line is, unfortunately this is a real issue today. Since the story started a couple weeks ago she was contacted by 4 women who said they were going through this exact thing in their marriage, as well as one yeshiva bochur who said bezalel described him exactly. As much as the yeshivish world is used to shoving uncomfortable issues under the rug, if this story gets even one girl IRL to notice a sign or two while she's dating someone, than no one can deny what that's worth.
Riva said the women who contacted her all said there were subtle signs during dating that they chose to ignore. If people see what can come from those signs, and what unfortunately does come more often than we'd like to admit, maybe people will confront and tackle the issues and not ignore it and find themselves in horrible situations.

sunny90

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 4:53 am
Did she say if she'd be bringing up other internet problems BESIDES for kefirah, or is that basically all she's going to touch on? Just really curious!

slushiemom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 4:58 am
I didn't ask, if I find out I'll let you know!

slushiemom

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 4:59 am
That would def bring the contrevorsy to a whole new level tho!

sunny90

Post Thu, Sep 24 2009, 5:10 am
Yeah that's what I was thinking! It would get crazy!
Page 1 of 18   1  2  3  16  17  18  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room