Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Illusions - Ami Serial
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:12 pm
It's time to start a discussion.

Does someone want to do a summary of what happened so far? (I'm not good at summarizing and I missed last week's installment.)

amother
Electricblue

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:15 pm
Does anyone else get confused which couple is which? I always have to go back to see which one is with who and the job…

amother OP wrote:
It's time to start a discussion.

Does someone want to do a summary of what happened so far? (I'm not good at summarizing and I missed last week's installment.)

amother
Ballota

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:27 pm
Everything is so back and fourth and confusing. So many things and conversations happening at once.

amother
Ballota

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:27 pm
amother Electricblue wrote:
Does anyone else get confused which couple is which? I always have to go back to see which one is with who and the job…

Oh yeah and their lifestyles too

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:28 pm
So far this story is annoying. Characters come across as so shallow and ditzy. The interactions between them Rolling Eyes

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:35 pm
Are they supposed to be well to do or just competitive? Because why is the mother in law not paying for lunch it seems weird to have the daughter in laws take turns paying. And why does she get an opinion on how much help they have if she doesn't support them at all? The story is missing direction

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 7:39 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
Are they supposed to be well to do or just competitive? Because why is the mother in law not paying for lunch it seems weird to have the daughter in laws take turns paying. And why does she get an opinion on how much help they have if she doesn't support them at all? The story is missing direction
same question I was so confused

Tao

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:28 pm
Why is it confusing to you that people in the story live lavishly and can't afford it?
I mean, don't tell me there aren't plenty IRL.
As I said in another thread, I'm confused how a couple who won't even look at each other can have a kid every year. Riva has written stories about abuse before but Meir doesn't come across as abusive (which might explain Peri being constantly pregnant), more like they just don't like each other.

amother
Papayawhip

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:32 pm
The daughter in laws paying for lunch just doesn't track. If the pressure of a lavish lifestyle comes from the parents the mother in law would be covering lunch.

Are they trying to be fancy? Because then the mother in law who's creating the pressure pays for lunch.

Tao

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:34 pm
amother Papayawhip wrote:
The daughter in laws paying for lunch just doesn't track. If the pressure of a lavish lifestyle comes from the parents the mother in law would be covering lunch.

Are they trying to be fancy? Because then the mother in law who's creating the pressure pays for lunch.

No, I think they all have to prove to her and to each other that it's no big deal to treat everyone at a fancy place

groisamomma

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 8:37 pm
Everything is coming across as exaggerated and there hasn't been a single hook so far that makes me hold my breath for next week's issue. Even this week's.
But maybe it will change. Could just be getting off the ground.

chestnut

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 9:14 pm
Tao wrote:
Why is it confusing to you that people in the story live lavishly and can't afford it?
I mean, don't tell me there aren't plenty IRL.
As I said in another thread, I'm confused how a couple who won't even look at each other can have a kid every year. Riva has written stories about abuse before but Meir doesn't come across as abusive (which might explain Peri being constantly pregnant), more like they just don't like each other.

Is Meir the one who wrote the sefer? I get confused with all these couples.

amother
Vanilla

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:01 pm
Delete

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:46 pm
Can someone summarize what happened last week? I totally missed the whole Meir and Peri dynamic - how do you know he doesn't like her?

My sis and I were reading this serial over Shabbos and we didn't get the MIL not paying for the breakfast outings that she initiates... We live OOT so we were wondering if this is common in the tri-state area?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:57 pm
I thought the in laws are wealthy since in the very beginning they were talking about lavish gifts they bought trying to outdo each other in order to impress the Mil. I think when they went for shabbos then the house was described as perfection with a a lavish shabbos/motzei party being thrown. Hence my assumption. And also the back and forth between them of who is going to a nicer place on vacation or making partner, getting promoted etc.
But this week threw me for a loop. I didn't think it’s appropriate that a rich mil shouldn't be paying for lunch if she enforced these get togethers. Unless its just a rich lifestyle without the ‘rich’ part.
Also, the Mil said she has 5 sons which leaves 2 unmarried?

amother
Burntblack

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 10:59 pm
So far very annoying and confusing.
The dialogue is so unrealistic

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:11 pm
I used to like Rivas serials but now I just feel like it's written for a 12 year old.

amother
Mocha

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:15 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I used to like Rivas serials but now I just feel like it's written for a 12 year old.

Which is the way lots of adults act unfortunately

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jan 06 2024, 11:19 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
Which is the way lots of adults act unfortunately

Not just the dialoge, the language how she storytells etc. But I feel that way about ami in general.

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Jan 07 2024, 1:13 am
Dble post
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room