Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Adar Aleph Birthdays

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 1:58 am
Someone told me if there are 2 Adars you always celebrate in the second one, even if you know the child was born in the first. Is this true? Is it only for Bar Mitzvah to be "sure" they are 13 (and even so, if you know they are 13 in Adar Aleph why can't you do the Bar Mitzvah then, we don't wait a month for any other birthdays.

I know it doesn't come up this year, but I was just curious Smile

catonmylap

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 2:02 am
If someone is born in a leap year in the first Adar then his/her birthday is celebrated in the first Adar when it is a leap year.

If you are born in a regular year in Adar like me and my ds, then the birthday is in the second Adar when there are 2 Adars.

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 2:05 am
catonmylap wrote:
If someone is born in a leap year in the first Adar then his/her birthday is celebrated in the first Adar when it is a leap year.

If you are born in a regular year in Adar like me and my ds, then the birthday is in the second Adar when there are 2 Adars.

So since Avraham Tzvi was born in Adar Aleph, does that mean if the year of his Bar Mitzvah there are 2 Adars he would lain in the first one? This is obviously totally academic at this point, I just found it interesting.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 4:40 am
RachelEve14 wrote:
catonmylap wrote:

So since Avraham Tzvi was born in Adar Aleph, does that mean if the year of his Bar Mitzvah there are 2 Adars he would lain in the first one? This is obviously totally academic at this point, I just found it interesting.

yes

mama-star

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 5:00 am
we have an adar aleph birthday in my house. when there is a leap year, we always celebrate a little extra, because then that child has her "real" birthday!

tziviakayla

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 5:56 am
Last year, when I was expecting my dd, I just didn't want a baby born in Adar Aleph! It just bothered me that the baby wouldn't have her birthday every year. I always give birth 1-2 weeks early, so I had a very small chance of giving birth in Shevat. I was so happy when she was born on 29 Shevat!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 6:17 am
if you were born in a regular adar you're birthday is celebrated in Adar 2 ... if you were born in a leap year your birthday is celebrated in Adar 1 - if there is no adar 1 - there is no choice ... and if you're me ... you celebrate all Adar(s) long ... Drunken Smile Cheers

RachelEve14

Post Mon, Mar 02 2009, 6:17 am
mommy3 wrote:
Last year, when I was expecting my dd, I just didn't want a baby born in Adar Aleph! It just bothered me that the baby wouldn't have her birthday every year. I always give birth 1-2 weeks early, so I had a very small chance of giving birth in Shevat. I was so happy when she was born on 29 Shevat!

LOL. It doesn't bother me. The twins are Feb. 13, 21 Sh'vat and he is Feb. 17, 11 Adar I. They are about 3 weeks apart by the Hebrew but only 5 days by the secular.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days