Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Olive Dip

DREAMING

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 10:58 pm
how do you make it?

Skippy!!

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 11:02 pm
I just mix together olives and mayonnaise in the food processor. I keep adding mayo till it's the consistency I like.

toni

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 11:08 pm
I also make a mayonnaise based olive dip (with garlic). However if anyone would have the recipe to the olive dip they serve in Cafe Renaissance/ Cafe Venezia, I would be so appreciative!

bubby

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 11:30 pm
Drained olives (with the red pimento stuffing), lots of garlic, mayo, NO SALT, shmushed in the processor. Delicious & it lasts for a couple of months if it doesn't get eaten quickly. Great on challah.

ShakleeMom

Post Thu, Jan 15 2009, 11:46 pm
also heaven on a sandwich with hard egg slices. same for dill dip:

3 dill cubes from the freezer, mayo, and pickle juice. mix with a form.

Akeres Habayis

Post Fri, Jan 16 2009, 2:07 am
blend olives then add mayo blend till it gets to a spreadable consistency,I also add a clove of garlic to it.
my guests are always surprised when they have it and realize there is garlic.it gives it a nice kick.

DREAMING

Post Fri, Jan 16 2009, 9:33 am
I blended olives (w/ pimentos) and mayo but it didn't taste right. to much mayo, to thick... I added some of the olive juice left in the jar and it tasted better.
next time I'll add some garlic cloves or powder....

ty

MommyLuv

Post Fri, Jan 16 2009, 10:00 am
I have a really good one with no mayo-I like mayo, and I like olives, but not together Tongue Out

Sorry, no measurements....

1 part Black pitted olives
1 part manzanilla olives
few garlic cloves
fresh lemon juice
capers-not too many though
a can of drained white beans-optional, if you want a milder olive taste

Puree the above in a processor. Slowly add EVOO til incorprated. Season with black pepper and chopped parsley. It's delicious!

toni

Post Fri, Jan 16 2009, 11:36 am
Thanks, MommyLuv, sounds delicious!

INSPIREME

Post Fri, Jan 16 2009, 11:47 am
1 can pitted green olives
1 can pitted black olives
1/4 cup olive oil
2 garlic cloves

Blend, and enjoy.

It is yummy!!

mamadina

Post Sat, Jan 17 2009, 8:07 pm
heres another version:
1 can green pitted Israeli olives
1 1/2 Tablespoon mayo
3 garlic clove crushed
2-3 fresh parsely or a sprinkle of dried parsely flakes
blend

elf123

Post Sat, Jan 17 2009, 9:41 pm
bubby wrote:
Drained olives (with the red pimento stuffing), lots of garlic, mayo, NO SALT, shmushed in the processor. Delicious & it lasts for a couple of months if it doesn't get eaten quickly. Great on challah.

Bubby, I would never question your wisdom and experience, chas v'shalom, but I'm just wondering how you know it's safe to eat this for a couple of months? I'm not overly neurotic about leftovers, but I would never have thought anything mixed with mayo could last for more than a few days? But I'll be more than happy if you can prove me wrong, I just made some for Shabbos and not much gets eaten around here, and as much as I love it, it's not the type of thing I eat during the week.

RedTwizzler

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 12:53 am
I made the dip with olives, pimentos, few cloves of garlic and mayo and it came out insanely salty! I like salty but this was too much. Has anybody else had this problem?

bubby

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 1:12 am
elf, 7 months later when this thread is revived I see your question!! Sorry!

Answer: I sniff it!! If it sniffs OK, it's OK! But sometimes I can see if the color changed or the consistency. Then it gets tossed, container & all. But sniffing is even better than tasting.

bubby

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 1:14 am
Red Twizzler, did you drain the olives? Also, it is generally salty. It may be the brand of olives you bought.

HooRYou

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 3:22 am
We are not huge mayo fans so I make olive dip by blending a drained can of green olives with tomato paste. It always gets raves.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 8:43 am
About 10 oz green olives, one box frozen parsley cubes*, a clove or two of garlic, mayo, salt, pepper

About the parsley: if you use fresh parsley, enjoy. My daughter had this at a friend's who would also prefer the frozen cubes. If you use the cubes, pop them out of the box while still frozen.
And the 10 oz is a rough estimate.

Mishie

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 12:10 pm
I make mine without mayo.

1 can black olives
Olive oil
a couple cloves of garlic

place olives and garlic in food processor, slowly add the olive-oil in a thin stream, until it reaches a nice, spreadable consistency.

YUM!!!

RedTwizzler

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 3:32 pm
bubby wrote:
Red Twizzler, did you drain the olives? Also, it is generally salty. It may be the brand of olives you bought.

I drained as much as I could but maybe I should wash them off. I think maybe the Shoprite brand just might be very salty. I'll have to try another brand to see.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jul 19 2009, 3:36 pm
You may want to replace the brine and soak in water for a bit first.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics