Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Site Build It

creativemommyto3

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:17 pm
Does anybody here have a website with them? Did you really earn money by using it?

ShakleeMom

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 4:24 pm
SBI just wants your money. There’s a lot you can do for free.

sarahzeldman

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 7:54 am
Site build it is a dinosaur. I'm amazed it still exists (must be due to their good marketing)

Typepad is much better.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 8:08 am
A good friend of mine is using it and she loves it.
You can pm VeraR and tell her I sent you.

sarahzeldman

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 8:33 am
Using Typepad or Sitebuildit?

I used sitebuildit a while ago. I loved it while I was using it, but I found out there was much better stuff out there. More modern, easier to use.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 9:37 am
My friend uses SBI. She is very pleased. They provide quite a well rounded toolkit. I went the blogging route and had to figure alot of stuff out myself. I'm a bit sorry. SBI guides you through the entire process from choosing your product through building your site, choosing keywords etc.

creativemommyto3

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 11:38 am
How do you make money with these sites?

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 12:08 pm
Creativemommy - you don't just "make money with these sites".

You have to decide what you want to sell. Lots of research. Then you build a site around your concept.
Having a site is not enough, either. People don't just land on your site. You have to bring traffic to your site - either free traffic of paid for traffic. Also, you have to build a list. You offer something free on your site and get people to sign up. Then you email them regularly (once a day/week/whatever) and give them free information. You can also slip in promotions. You do this using programs like Aweber or GetResponse that do automatic mailings for you.
There are many different business models you can use on the internet. The beauty of Sitebuildit is that they provide you with hosting, tools and they guide you to implementing a successful business model. It's very easy to lose focus when trying to build a business online. They kind of keep you in line.

creativemommyto3

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 12:29 pm
ChossidMom wrote:
Creativemommy - you don't just "make money with these sites".

You have to decide what you want to sell. Lots of research. Then you build a site around your concept.
Having a site is not enough, either. People don't just land on your site. You have to bring traffic to your site - either free traffic of paid for traffic. Also, you have to build a list. You offer something free on your site and get people to sign up. Then you email them regularly (once a day/week/whatever) and give them free information. You can also slip in promotions. You do this using programs like Aweber or GetResponse that do automatic mailings for you.
There are many different business models you can use on the internet. The beauty of Sitebuildit is that they provide you with hosting, tools and they guide you to implementing a successful business model. It's very easy to lose focus when trying to build a business online. They kind of keep you in line.

I know that. I am an avid reader of your articles and website.. what I really wanted to know was.. how do the checks come it? how do you get paid?

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Dec 14 2008, 3:15 pm
Hi again Creativemommy.
As with business models, there are also many ways to get paid. It depends what kind of payment processing you choose. If you have a "buy" button on your website you can have a Paypal account behind it. Paypal is a payment processor which enables you to buy and sell online without letting the vendor see your credit card number. Problem with Paypal is that you cannot have the money transferred to a bank in Israel. Not all countries are supported. I used my Paypal funds to pay for online purchases and stuff like hosting etc.

There are other ways to get paid as well. For example, if you want to promote information products that are listed on Clickbank.com you can get paid into a Paypal account or by check. If you have Google Adsense on your site you can get paid by check. On the internet you get used to having "multiple streams of income" which you have to manage...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers