Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
How to gather locals to shop by me

dewyt

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 12:17 pm
any ideas besides flyers to get my name around the neighborhood? if only the ppl knew that I have such nice stuff right down from their doorstep...

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 12:19 pm
make a snood party ... like the tupperware ...

Tamiri

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 12:20 pm
Give some things away. A contest, a raffle... people like freebies. I see so many fliers for stuff that I don't "see" them anymore. You want to do something different, to stand out. You can also do a "tzedaka drive" and promise a certain percent of the profit to xyz tzedaka. Or, give away a free sukka decoration with each $x purchase.

ShakleeMom

Post Mon, Oct 06 2008, 1:02 pm
do you take credit cards? advertise that. many people stay away, feeling uncomfortable to ask.

bonnie

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 9:20 pm
I think visibility is everything. Keep putting up those fliers, and allow some budgeting for advertising ( running a special sale for Hanuka?). I thinkyou're best off going with the bigger type magazines that EVERYONE saves as reference. I"m only familiar with community and image, not with the ashkenaz periodicals, but Im sure you know which ones to advertise in.

Keep your prices fair, and know what the competition is charging. Be fair, accurate and honest.

It takes time, so be patient.

According to these posts, you sell snoods?

I think everyone who covers their hair considers snood shopping a must before entering the hospital to give birth- how about arranging appointments for pregnant women, in the comfort of their own homes to choose snoods?

Word of mouth- print business cards and distribute them to whomever you meet.

Good luck!

Yakira

Post Sat, Nov 01 2008, 9:31 pm
Flyers? I know the person that sells snoods here gets together with a few other clothing vendors every few months and gets some new customers that way. Also, are there any local grocery stores that print ads on the back of the reciepts -- they do that here too.

If you know of any neighbors who also sell things, you can also organize some sort of listing and try to share customers, put their info on your walls (and yours on theirs) and refer people to others and have other refer to you.

jeliela

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 1:57 pm
Definitely put up flyers wherever women go for OB check-ups. In America at the Dr's office. If in Israel then at the Tipat halav centers.
-Good Luck

red sea

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 2:14 pm
Contact some local schools, some put advertising on newsletters for not too much $.

orchidmom

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 2:22 pm
I have always found that word of mouth works the best. you can offer an incentive to the customers that you already have, if they bring a friend or family member with them or send them to you then they get a voucher for the next time they shop.

babygirl

Post Wed, Dec 17 2008, 3:22 pm
I think it has to be convenient for them...I doubt I would go special to get a snood or whatever but if it was near or at the same place where I was shopping I would take a look!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers