Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
When to shop in local stores

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 12:11 am
My little girls will need dresses for their cousin's weddings which is in less than 3 months.

I saw something I liked from the new arrivals. It is more summery (I can use on Pesach /shavuos as well) but my question is if it's too early to buy now?
Will it go on sale soon? How do frum stores work?
I usually don't like spending, so I wait and buy on sale, but I want to get one nice thing and they are old enough to match.

Will I find the sizes I need if I wait? Maybe there will be nicer stuff?
I hate going before yomtov when stores are crowded...

Please advise a clueless mother. I'm not a good shopper.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 12:51 am
Nothing else is coming into stock.
Buy now if you want the size and the matching.
The sale is after shavuos (usually, idk about double adar)

If anyone contradicts me, listen to them lol. I don't usually shop frum but this was my experience

amother
White

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 12:53 am
amother Black wrote:
Nothing else is coming into stock.
Buy now if you want the size and the matching.
The sale is after shavuos (usually, idk about double adar)

If anyone contradicts me, listen to them lol. I don't usually shop frum but this was my experience

Of course more things will be coming in to stock over the next few months.
OP, if you see something you like, buy it now. The summer line won't be going on sale till after shevuos.

amother
Hydrangea

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 2:20 am
The nice well priced things fly off the shelf right away. It’s possible more will come in but if you really like something buy it now.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 8:03 am
Thank you so much.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:10 am
amother White wrote:
OP, if you see something you like, buy it now. The summer line won't be going on sale till after shevuos.

Depending on the location and particular store, it will probably start going on sale around Lag B'omer time/Memorial Day (30% off). You probably need it before then anyway, and this way you know you have the style and sizes you need. Also, some stores don't put evening wear on sale.

mommyhood

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:24 am
amother White wrote:

I assume she means that they’re not getting more of that particular dress which is true for some brands and stores so if she wants that dress buy it now otherwise 100% the stores are getting in plenty more options.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:33 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Depending on the location and particular store, it will probably start going on sale around Lag B'omer time/Memorial Day (30% off). You probably need it before then anyway, and this way you know you have the style and sizes you need. Also, some stores don't put evening wear on sale.

It's actually a regular shabbos dress. Not evening wear. It's kids, so I am trying to be practical to use for yom tov/shabbos too.

I remember buying stuff in past and then seeing it reduced. Otoh, I sometimes regret it. I am such an undecided person when it comes to shopping.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:38 am
If you need it for a simcha I'd say go for it. The peace if mind knowing you got it covered is worth more than the few $$ you'll save. Better not to look at the new arrivals once you already purchased to avoid regrets.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Chicory

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 9:41 am
I work for a jewish clothing brand. Our new arrivals are not yet in stores, but they will be within the next 4 weeks. Most other clothing brands will be in stores by end of February beginning of March. Regarding sales, most stores won't go on sale until after shavous (especially on styles people would buy for Yom tov) if you need before then I would say buy it now unless you want to wait a few more weeks to see what else the stores are getting.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:08 pm
amother Chicory wrote:
I work for a jewish clothing brand. Our new arrivals are not yet in stores, but they will be within the next 4 weeks. Most other clothing brands will be in stores by end of February beginning of March. Regarding sales, most stores won't go on sale until after shavous (especially on styles people would buy for Yom tov) if you need before then I would say buy it now unless you want to wait a few more weeks to see what else the stores are getting.

I think I will wait a couple of weeks and just buy it.

As a side question, I wonder why they still make styles from itchy materials. Some of the things look so uncomfortable and impractical. One dress had instructions to wash with color catcher. Another had a plastic-feel material. One had super baggy sleeves. Another had a very stiff material that creased like crazy. I do wonder if it's only my kids who don't want to wear these. Apparently people are buying them... but I wish they used better materials and made dresses more easy to wear.

Perhaps I'm not on board with current styles...

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:14 pm
My son's bar mitzvah is iyh in June I am going to go shopping soon probably and see if I can find anything for my girls. If anyone saw anything please post! Size 10 and 2.

Need real simcha wear not shabbos dresses.

giftedmom

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 3:19 pm
amother OP wrote:
My little girls will need dresses for their cousin's weddings which is in less than 3 months.

I saw something I liked from the new arrivals. It is more summery (I can use on Pesach /shavuos as well) but my question is if it's too early to buy now?
Will it go on sale soon? How do frum stores work?
I usually don't like spending, so I wait and buy on sale, but I want to get one nice thing and they are old enough to match.

Will I find the sizes I need if I wait? Maybe there will be nicer stuff?
I hate going before yomtov when stores are crowded...

Please advise a clueless mother. I'm not a good shopper.

Buy now. They won’t be on sale before shevuos, and you won’t find matching by then.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:32 pm
I started looking online and I'm not seeing much for summer yet. (13th Ave type).

Am I looking in the wrong place?

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Jan 23 2024, 4:41 pm
A few brands are in the stores. They will get much more stuff. I have a few girls, never shop so early and always find matching.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 9:55 pm
Coming back here to say I totally could have waited as I saw newer stuff still. Shelves are fully stocked and stores are always ready to sell more.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 10:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
Coming back here to say I totally could have waited as I saw newer stuff still. Shelves are fully stocked and stores are always ready to sell more.

Adding that all early shoppers jamming the shops when it's not yet even the new weather or at least close to are just doing me the favor of having the empty and calm experience when I shop. With my 6 daughters I always get them clothes right before yom Tov and some after. Stores are then a breeze and selection is the same
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics