Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I feel like I'm drowning...

Do you have currently have debt?
Yes - 0-10k  
 22%  [ 6 ]
Yes - 10 - 30k  
 25%  [ 7 ]
Yes - 30 - 50k  
 18%  [ 5 ]
Yes - 50k+  
 33%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 27

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2024, 12:58 pm
Changing some details to protect privacy but overall things are the same....

I have a wonderful family, 4 kids each whom I'm grateful for. My 2nd daughter has severe issues that has caused us to spend tons of money on her for medical, emotional, and treatment options.

While both me and my husband work full time we bring in before taxes around 275k.

We don't do big vacations, my biggest expenses are the house, tuition, medical and cleaning help which I think I'll fall apart without.

This child is not only hard on my marriage, but we've been building debt that has accumulated and accumulated and things are just getting worse and worse. Our credit has been impacted and it's bad.

My parents can't help us even if they wanted to , and my husbands parents told us no (even though they can technically - different conversation)

I feel like I'm in a pit that just keeps getting smaller and the water keeps rising...

Any HELPFUL advice? Anyone get out of this? Don't need judgement now please, I beg you.

wanttobehappy

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:29 pm
So sorry talk to angel of debt norman he is a Malachi for real . He will give a plan and really guide u. He helped me for free he really cares

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:37 pm
So sorry for your pain!

amother
Mocha

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:42 pm
I'm about $350k in debt right now but not long ago it was $600k We are bh very slowly working it off. Small payments whenever we can. It slowly adds up.

amother
Apple

Post Thu, May 09 2024, 2:49 pm
I also have a medically challenged child.
The bills keep on building up. And is not like you can say: sorry child, no treatment because we can’t afford it 😔
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics