Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Anyone American families with teens making aliyah?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2024, 12:03 am
Looking for American families with teens (and younger children) looking to make aliyah this summer...

How old are your kids?
Where do you plan on moving to?
What schools?
Where are you moving from?
How do your kids feel about the move?

Would love to connect and hear what your plans are...

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:02 am
We aren't moving right now but would love answers to this because would love to be able to move one day.

Reality

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:20 am
I don't think this website is the place to find people. There is so much negativity when it comes to this topic from people who have zero interest in making aliyah.

I found a lot of support on whattsapp. I was part of an amazing group of people all making aliyah at a similar time and facing the same challenges together.

justforfun87

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 11:59 am
We are doing it next Summer Gd willing! We have started the process. My kids will be 13, 10,8, and 2. Feel free to PM me.

amother
Rainbow

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:03 pm
It would be nice if we could discuss this without going back to extreme arguments.

justforfun87

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 12:09 pm
So we are not charedi nor would I consider us American Yeshivish. My husband is a YU grad to paint a picture. I think with my kids ages that is very helpful. From what I hear it is an easier transition in terms of schooling. I can't think of greater nachas than my sons in a Hesder program which is learning and IDF.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 1:25 pm
justforfun87 wrote:
So we are not charedi nor would I consider us American Yeshivish. My husband is a YU grad to paint a picture. I think with my kids ages that is very helpful. From what I hear it is an easier transition in terms of schooling. I can't think of greater nachas than my sons in a Hesder program which is learning and IDF.

If you haven't done so yet, find a nice DL Anglo place and you'll be doing beautifully, most likely. I have met lots of American families who did.
--
I'm not Anglo and made Aliyah as a single, so on both points I don't qualify for OP's thread.

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, May 15 2024, 1:56 pm
This is a group from FB called Israel Communities Info for Anglo Olim (from Nefesh B'nefesh.)
You can write and ask your questions and families will write back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions