Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Zara returns at American Dream

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 10:46 pm
I had a few zara items that I ordered online and needed to return. I was planning to a trip to AD so I figured I’ll take them along to do in person and save on return shipping.
The only have one set of registers open (even thou there are at least 3 sets in the store) and the one that’s open had 2 lines divided by ropes and one had a sign that said purchases and one had a sign that said returns and customer service. I’ve never seen this before in a zara. It’s always one line for everything. I went on the return line and I was 3rd in line and there were a few people on the purchase line too. There was one woman working and about 10 employees just roaming around the register but not opening another checkout. She called one return, one purchase, one return, one purchase and then she got stuck and needed a manager. She called another guy to work another register and he saw me standing there next on line and he just called one purchase after another. This went on for like 10 mins then a black woman on the purchase line saw me and asked me how long I was waiting and I told her and when he called her she told me to go instead of her. He looked really annoyed but took me anyway. It was a huge chessed from hashem cuz I was rushing to get out to be home on time for kids.
I know us Jews do a lot of returns and it may be a chillul hashem but this honestly felt like a direct anti semitic move and it was so hateful. Just venting .. anyone have a similar experience there? Does it pay to reach out to customer service?

cnc

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:35 pm
Standard practice in various Zaras that I've frequented in the past year or so.
Their customer service stinks but what about this incident is anti-Semitic?

amother
NeonOrange

Post Tue, May 07 2024, 11:57 pm
I've seen this system at the register's of several Zara's.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 12:08 am
I’m confused why you think this was because you’re Jewish? It sounds like he was just working the purchase line

As someone who’s worked in retail I can tell you that purchases are usually much easier and quicker than returns. He probably just wanted less work

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 9:59 am
Zara lines suck. Period. In every single store.

amother
Currant

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:19 am
HonesttoGod wrote:
Zara lines suck. Period. In every single store.

Yup, and my local Zara also has a separate return line on one floor but not another floor.

flowerpower

Post Wed, May 08 2024, 10:28 am
Yes. The returns at Zara sucks so bad!!!! I think ten times before buying anything there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics