Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach cookies with sugar and sucralose?!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 5:41 pm
Why would a company add sucralose if you're putting in sugar already? Either just use sugar or market it as sugar free with sucralose but why both?!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 5:43 pm
So they can list less grams of sugar and less calories but still have the better taste of sugar.
Ha I just did this with homemade iced tea on Y"T. With just sweetener it was gross, but it needed too much sugar for me to keep drinking it, so I end up doing half and half.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 6:01 pm
amother Blue wrote:
So they can list less grams of sugar and less calories but still have the better taste of sugar.
Ha I just did this with homemade iced tea on Y"T. With just sweetener it was gross, but it needed too much sugar for me to keep drinking it, so I end up doing half and half.
I'd rather have more sugar than sugar and sucralose.

amother
Valerian

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 6:18 pm
I would also prefer sugar. But there are others who feel differently. As always, it's buyer beware... (I wish they were required to make it very obvious when there are sugar substitutes used)

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 6:46 pm
Yes I noticed this too. Pretty awful considering they were kid food type cookies (animal crackers and mini flower sprinkle cookies). Sucralose is toxic.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 25 2024, 8:34 pm
yes kids don't need that.
I thought they were really good and the texture was good, so I looked at the ingredients, but I don't usually. I should probably check the others I bought.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2024, 1:14 pm
I just looked at the ingredients on another pack of cookies and it says sorbitol powder which is also a sweetener and of course has sugar as one of the first few ingredients. Next year I will look more closely at ingredients.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics