Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Rashes between folds in legs

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:44 pm
Hi so my daughter who’s almost one has these red (wet) rashes between the folds in her legs. She’s quite chubby so there’s a bunch of them. It’s also sometimes by her neck. Any idea what to put on them? And also anyone else ever dealt with this that can give some ideas? The dr was not very helpful. She also is a very eczema prone baby but in those dry itchy spots we have found cream that works for that. I really would just love to hear if anyone has ever dealt with this because I don’t know anyone in real life who has! Thanks in advance.

theoneandonly

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 7:54 pm
DS used to get on his neck as well. Make sure to dry in all the folds very well after a bath because the wetness sitting there is what causes the rash. I don't remember what I treated it with, it was awhile ago, but you can probably smear a bit of desitin or balmex on it. Just make sure it doesn't smear onto your clothes after because it will stain.

amother
Winterberry

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:22 pm
same issue would love ideas!!

my mama

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:30 pm
I used this. It's all natural bentonite clay and the shaker makes it super convenient to use. It heals existing rashes and prevents new rashes from happening

https://naturescue.com/product.....owder

amother
Tomato

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:37 pm
Generally those are fungal rashes (that thrive in moist places). Once your treat it with fungal cream and it goes away, maintain the dryness with baby powder or something like that.

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 8:40 pm
My children used to get this. It was fungal. I recommend triple paste. Check with your pediatrician. You may be advised to use lotrimin. You might also be advised to put a blow dryer on cool to help dry the skin.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:06 pm
Ok thanks for the recommendations! We have done desitin diaper cream over and over but did not help. Also feels better to hear that my baby isn’t the only
One going thru this…

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:08 pm
my mama wrote:
I used this. It's all natural bentonite clay and the shaker makes it super convenient to use. It heals existing rashes and prevents new rashes from happening

https://naturescue.com/product.....owder

Thank you for this link! I just ordered it and hopefully it will help! Really appreciate it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics