Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/O 2yo wardrobe

Food

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 6:22 am
So I'm seeing a lot of white for the summer. Anyone who has a 2yo, please explain to me how you can put your toddler in a white elegant outfit and it will last more than 1 meal (especially if you are spending more than $30 on the outfit). I think white is very cute for the summer but logistically how does it work? Especially if your kid won't keep their bib on?
Would love some perspectives Smile

imaima

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 6:24 am
Food wrote:
So I'm seeing a lot of white for the summer. Anyone who has a 2yo, please explain to me how you can put your toddler in a white elegant outfit and it will last more than 1 meal (especially if you are spending more than $30 on the outfit). I think white is very cute for the summer but logistically how does it work? Especially if your kid won't keep their bib on?
Would love some perspectives Smile

To add to your question, how do you get your 2 yo tp wear what you want them to wear? I offered my dd a few shabbos outfits but she chose to wear something else. What do I do?

lucky14

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 7:32 am
It’s been like this for years.
Totally not practical.
I also don’t understand how people keep it clean and I own all of the usual stain remover products AND my kids keep their bibs on.

Rabbit613

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 9:00 am
It really isn't so practical but I found that my boys get their white shirts even dirtier from mud and grass stains and everything.
My kids always eat with bibs and I have a very good qashing machine. My old washing machine did not get stains out. I live in Israel and have European machine and it makes a huge difference. I also spray my kids clothes with stain remover before the wash.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 9:14 am
I find white the easiest from all the colors. I bleach it. and everything comes out. nice and pristine.

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 9:19 am
I like white but certain fabrics I avoid. Up to 3 my kids wear bibs. My Girls r girly and don't play in the mud so that's rarely an issue.
Miss messy mouths spray is great for any fruit stains. And yes by shalosh seudos time they need pjs.
If I could find, I try to get a soft floral dress instead of plain white. Find it's easier to hide if any residue of stain didn't come out the first time washing

giftedmom

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 9:32 am
Oxiclean max force gets everything (besides mud) out even a few days later. Mud is only an issue July and August and whatever doesn’t come out by end of summer gets dumped.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 9:41 am
White is much easier to maintain than light colors or patterns.
Just put it in with bleach. If you have a good washing machine comes out like new.

And at 2- why are you giving your child a choice about what to wear. The only reason she is pushing back is because you give her that space to push back. If at 2 years old you tell your kids with authority this is what we are wearing and put it on them, then they learn easily.

Now at 5 I do give my kids space but that's because at that age they really do have opinions with weight (I.e. notice what other kids are wearing etc...)

imaima

Post Sun, Apr 07 2024, 10:25 am
amother DarkPurple wrote:
White is much easier to maintain than light colors or patterns.
Just put it in with bleach. If you have a good washing machine comes out like new.

And at 2- why are you giving your child a choice about what to wear. The only reason she is pushing back is because you give her that space to push back. If at 2 years old you tell your kids with authority this is what we are wearing and put it on them, then they learn easily.

Now at 5 I do give my kids space but that's because at that age they really do have opinions with weight (I.e. notice what other kids are wearing etc...)

She goes back to her closet and takes out other things.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics