Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Major vent

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:37 am
I feel like no matter how much time and money I spent on wigs I am never happy
It is so disheartening
Too long or too short
Too light or dark
Too puffy and not sleek or doesn’t hold a style
I’m really feeling down

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:41 am
I have the same. The amount of times I cried about my wigs…. Recently bought a new one and I wore it once because no matter how it’s styled, it’s just terrible. 😞

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:56 am
amother Ecru wrote:
I have the same. The amount of times I cried about my wigs…. Recently bought a new one and I wore it once because no matter how it’s styled, it’s just terrible. 😞

Why terrible? Is it not sitting comfortably on your head or is the hair quality not good?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:58 am
If u have a wig u only wore one time sell it… do u know what ur looking for? I am very happy with Ralph wigs they really stand behind it

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 9:59 am
amother OP wrote:
It is so disheartening
Too long or too short
Too light or dark
I’m really feeling down

Does this only happens to wigs or also in other fields?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:14 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
Does this only happens to wigs or also in other fields?

Just wigs

Happy with my home, car, clothing, jewelry, glasses, every other purchase.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:14 am
amother Violet wrote:
If u have a wig u only wore one time sell it… do u know what ur looking for? I am very happy with Ralph wigs they really stand behind it

No not just one time

amother
Opal

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:34 am
Only buy precuts so you know exactly what it will look like. Or try second hand so at least your investment risk is lower.

honey36

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:34 am
amother OP wrote:
It is so disheartening
Too long or too short
Too light or dark
I’m really feeling down

Same. Been married 12 years and still don't like wigs, although I have spent lots of $$$ on them which is the sad part. Not that I can't afford it, it's just like why am I spending so much on something I hate. Oh well. Maybe we will get more schar for this mitzvah at the end of the day since it's so hard for us.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 12:07 pm
Married almost a year, spent so much that was wasted due to lack of knowing and poor decisions, also had no family to help me find a wig and no guidance.

My color and cap size are tricky. I couldn’t find an exact match to my color. It took me time to find a color of wig I like and feel comfortable in.

I’ve spent so much on repairs on a wig that’s damaged as heck bc someone sewed bad hair in the front and it’s barely wearable. Once I got used to wigs I realized I like a little darker better, but I spent so much trying to duplicate my pre marriage hair, and never was able to…

I also have trouble with fit and comfort

My own hair looks much worse than it used to, and I had to thin it out, it frizzes a lot and never feels pretty anymore

I have a finished front band fall that I can pull out just a teeny bit of hair and it looks very real but there’s no part so it’s not the same as a full wig…

It’s like I lost a part of myself, as cheesy as that sounds

And yet I don’t want to stop covering at all, I love the mitzvah and can’t imagine not doing it

I’m considering a Kippa fall that covers majority of my hair for comfort and maybe a more natural look, I got an answer that it’s not ideal but it’s permissible and ok if I do it. But I’m in a more yeshivish community where it’s not the norm and I also don’t know if it will even look better…also can’t afford it at the moment

I don’t even mind the trial and error but the loss and expense is painful, especially since I still have mediocre satisfaction level with my wigs

Now I know what works better for me but I can’t afford to replace the not so great wig. I have one ratty one I put a ton of money into for nothing, and another one that’s decent but not great..color is off and lace is wonky

I feel you times a million.

My collection now includes a good band fall, a hat fall, a completely fried wig that looks so bad I can barely wear it, and a comfortable wig that isn’t bad but the shade is way more golden than I like and the lace gets folded under a lot…

At this point I’m just trying my best to earn extra so I can eventually love my wigs and feel like me again. I feel like I’m at a huge loss with terrible results

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 2:02 pm
I’ve accepted the fact that wig won’t look like my hair color so I just get wigs that look good even if they don’t match my real hair (I go darker or lighter depending )
That might help
Otherwise totally agree
This is also y I think buying cheaper wigs r better cuz no matter how much u spend its hard to love a wig

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 7:46 am
amother Snapdragon wrote:
I’ve accepted the fact that wig won’t look like my hair color so I just get wigs that look good even if they don’t match my real hair (I go darker or lighter depending )
That might help
Otherwise totally agree
This is also y I think buying cheaper wigs r better cuz no matter how much u spend its hard to love a wig

The problem is that cheaper wigs aren’t cheap anymore!!

The real cheap ones, like for under $1000, I did buy in the past but they were uncomfortable and really didn’t last. It wasn’t worthwhile.
The “cheap” ones like irene etc are not cheap.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 7:53 am
My collection now includes a good band fall, a hat fall, a completely fried wig that looks so bad I can barely wear it, and a comfortable wig that isn’t bad but the shade is way more golden than I like and the lace gets folded under a lot…

Im so sorry.
Can you dye the wig you say is comfortable to a better colour?
It can really revitalise the wig .

I have 2 wigs that are on their way out .
Married nearly 15 years.
One was so beautiful but has lost so much hair and no one can sell me blond hair.

The other has also had loads of work put in.
Its falling apart.
There is a tear in the the actuL skin top and there is no way to repair.
There are also bald spots in the parting but no way to repair because of the tear.

I have a cheap fall which I really bought for vacation.
The colour is dull and the hair isnt great.
Its never been cut or coloured and has no layers.
Plus the bet is too big.
I really dont feel good wearing it.

Its so hard.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 8:40 am
amother OP wrote:
The problem is that cheaper wigs aren’t cheap anymore!!

The real cheap ones, like for under $1000, I did buy in the past but they were uncomfortable and really didn’t last. It wasn’t worthwhile.
The “cheap” ones like irene etc are not cheap.

I keep seeing new cheaper wig brands opening to take the place of what Irene, Sary etc used to be - here are two sheitel marchers in Lakewood that are selling wigs for under 2k.

Mimi hair design - https://www.instagram.com/mimi.....3bw==

Her brand is Vive Wig Collection - https://www.instagram.com/vive.....1MzIw

And Tobee lowenthal TL wigs -

https://www.instagram.com/tobe.....oc3p5

Petra

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 8:57 am
A sheital in my natural hair color does not exist. So I have a darker one for Shabbos from Malky ($600) and a lighter, color better quality one from Freeda (the sales section). I did cut the Malky one and looks pretty decent and the Freeda one was pre-cut. I get compliments all the time. We don’t have the option of sheital shops and large selections where I’m from which I guess simplifies the options. And maybe my expectations are not super high either. In my opinion, I dont see a lot of awesome sheitals and styles in my neighborhood.

LeMortedeLilac

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 9:11 am
I've had SO many wigs and didn't love any. My favorites (in 20 years of marriage) were a Tori (no longer around as a brand), a Malky (still wearing for work and simchas, plus looks amazing after 5 years) and now a custom colored creation. I stopped caring what people thought of my out of work look and had a lady customize a wig from scratch. Cost 2,500, including the cut and color, and I actually kind of love it. Fits my head perfectly, feels like I'm not wearing anything at all and the color is so fun. With wigs, you need to find what feels like you but also, remember that you change with time. Your personal style changes and your hair should too. I revamped wardrobe to be more fun, fresher, once I got the new sheital and now I enjoy wearing it. Best part - I had it done on me without wearing makeup and it looked good. With makeup on, it's even better. The right color, fit and look is out there. Just gotta kiss a lot of frogs first...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels