Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Looking for ideas how to use frozen peaches

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 8:28 am
Have a few bags for a very long time.
Any easy and tasty recipes?

amother
Caramel

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 8:34 am
Put on cookie sheet with cinnamon and a drop of vanilla extract. Roast until caramelized. Serve with ice cream for dessert.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:34 am
amother Caramel wrote:
Put on cookie sheet with cinnamon and a drop of vanilla extract. Roast until caramelized. Serve with ice cream for dessert.

Cinnamon and peaches? I never heard of that combination. Do you know if it’s good?
It does seem very easy to prepare…

amother
Chambray

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:39 am
amother OP wrote:
Cinnamon and peaches? I never heard of that combination. Do you know if it’s good?
It does seem very easy to prepare…

Delicious

gdgirl

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 9:43 am
you can also put them in smoothies or make a fruit crisp from them: apple crisp crumb, whatever recipe you prefer and then the peaches andcrumbs again, or mix with apples too

Amarante

Post Wed, Apr 03 2024, 10:22 am
This recipe originally used canned peaches so frozen peaches would work. For the peach nectar just save the juices from the bag when you thaw as that is essentially peach juice and not just plain water

BREADED PEACH CHICKEN

This recipe was inspired by one I learned from my college roommate Aviva Karzen’s wonderful mother, Judith, who used lemon pepper and canned cling peaches to the most delicious effect. I remember standing in Judith’s kitchen in Chicago, picking at leftover bits in the pan as Judith cooed over us in her strong Chicago accent. I’ve updated the recipe with fresh stone fruit, bread crumbs, and a homemade marinade, but if canned is what you’ve got, use it; Judith Karzen would definitely approve, and so would her daughter (don’t worry, I checked with her).

Serves 4 to 6

Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time (including marinating time): 1 hour 40 minutes

½ cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon dried oregano
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
One 3½- to 4-pound chicken, cut into 8 pieces 0W3
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
2½ cups panko bread crumbs
2 medium, ripe peaches, pitted and each cut into 8 or 10 wedges
⅓ cup peach nectar
Fresh basil leaves, for garnish

Grease a 9 × 13-inch (or slightly larger) baking dish or a rimmed baking sheet with the 2 teaspoons oil. In a bowl, whisk together the remaining ½ cup oil, the vinegar, mustard, paprika, parsley, onion powder, salt, sugar, oregano, and cayenne. Put the chicken in a large bowl, add 3 tablespoons of the marinade, toss to coat, and let rest on the counter for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.

Meanwhile, in a wide, shallow bowl, whisk the egg with two generous pinches of salt. Place the flour in another shallow bowl with three generous pinches of salt. In a third wide, shallow bowl, combine the panko with 3 tablespoons of the dressing and mix, using clean hands to blend, until the crumbs darken in color. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Working one piece at a time, remove the chicken from the marinade and into the flour, shaking off the excess, then into the egg, shaking off the excess. Press both sides into the seasoned panko, applying pressure so it adheres.

Arrange the chicken pieces in the prepared baking dish, then scatter any leftover crumbs among the pieces of chicken. In a medium bowl, toss the peaches in the remaining dressing and pour the peaches and any liquid all over the chicken, distributing the peaches evenly. Using a tablespoon, drizzle the peach nectar onto the crumbs nestled between the chicken pieces to moisten them. Bake until the crumbs are crisp and the chicken is cooked through, 45 to 50 minutes. Serve the chicken pieces with the peaches and any extra crumbs from the bottom of the pan. Garnish with basil.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics