Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Do you wait up for your teens to come home?
Previous  1  2

Do you wait up for your teens to come home?
yes  
 77%  [ 44 ]
no  
 22%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 57

singleagain

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:17 am
As a 37 year old who still lives at home I just got home last night at 10:00 p.m. because traffic from the rain....

Anyways, I poked my head into my parents room and my mom was up so I went in and explained to her what had happened and why I was so late.

I mean they knew I was at work I let them track my phone.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 11:38 am
I think it lets them know what a priority they are and how important they are to you.
My DC is 23, lives at home, and is engaged. I wait for them to come home both from dates with their bashert and from being out with friends. I trust them completely. They are as responsible as the day is long. But there is something nice about Mommy being up and waiting for you to tell you welcome home. I love you, have a good night.
When my marrieds are over for a chag, if they go out at night I wait for them as well.

Full disclosure, I am a night person. But in truth, as much as I am not a morning person and don’t start my day early at all, I have never (under non-extenuating circumstances) not gotten up to kiss my children in the mornings and see them out to the school bus.

To me, it is not about trust or responsibility. It is about making your children feel they are your priority above all else.

amotherof5

Post Mon, Apr 08 2024, 11:57 pm
Can’t sleep when my husband isn’t home, so for sure with my kids, I always stay up and wait for them.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children