Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I work full time and haven't cleaned for pesach yet!!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:35 am
I work full time and only have time after 7 pm to clean. I leave to work very early so I need to be in bed by 9 30 pm each night. How can I possibly get my cleaning done in time? I must turn over the kitchen the Thursday before so I have 2 weeks to somehow clean my entire house.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:37 am
Same. So dh cleans. I shop and cook. One person can't do everything.

mha3484

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:39 am
I clean on Sundays and my kids and husband help a lot. My 9/7 year olds cleaned their own room already. My oldest will do his and I mostly just have to do the living/dining and kitchen plus my own room.

Last edited by mha3484 on Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Highstrung

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:41 am
I only clean on Sundays. I did one room this past Sunday. The last week before I do a little bit of work in the evenings .

Ever since we’ve had Covid in 2020 the two weeks before Pesach I no longer panic or feel overwhelmed. We managed then , being sick , working , with everyone on our heads and no cleaning help, we can manage this time too.
Sometimes I feel like the intense overwhelm and panic make it much harder for us to take it in stride .

Last edited by Highstrung on Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Celeste

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:43 am
Can you take one day off? To help you get everything set up

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:59 am
Does DH help? I do in two days usually a Friday/Sunday.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:14 am
I don't allow food upstairs--period. My kids are really good about it. So the individual room just need a look over and a vacuum/sweep.

I have been doing like a half hour-hour nightly. I am more than halfway done my playroom this way. Almost all the toys are done, but I have a few shelves and couches to still do.

I do take off a few days before pesach to kasher, cook, finish cleaning. BH I have the "vacation" days to use.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:15 am
Could you take a day off? I took off today, and went through all the kitchen cabinets. Now I feel less stressed, and if a bedroom isn't perfect, it doesn't matter.

amother
Daffodil

Can you afford to hire a cleaning crew?

HonesttoGod

Same here.
But I also don’t do any major cleaning.

The kids do their own corners/stuff to look for actual big pieces.
My husband goes round vacuuming corners and then for the kitchen everything gets closed up and I roll in metal shelving and wheely drawers for the pesach stuff.

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:17 am
amother Clematis wrote:

This is what we do also for the most part. I do the fridge and freezer though, no particular reason for it. My husband does most of the rest of the cleaning, we do a lot of the shopping together, he does the costco and meat/chicken, I do produce, and we both grab dry goods (usually together, it's a date). Then he gets to sit and relax and I do the cooking for the rest of the chag.

BatyaEsther

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:18 am
You need to clean so it is free of chametz, not do spring cleaning

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:20 am
Same here.

I love myself too much to work too hard. My mental health is wishy washy, and it's my job to protect it....

The deal with my husband was that as long as I work, No pesach is happening in this house.
We were planning to be home this Year, DH said he'll help out, then he chickened out- Luckily My parents are taking us in gladly.

So I'm calm and relaxed, I'll have to pack up my family of 6, squash into grandmas house, have a fantastic yom tov, and that's that.

I did hire extra help to get my house fully deep cleaned, my brain has to know that happens once a year.

Is my situation ideal? Nopes. It is what it is.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:55 am
I am also just starting now, working full time plus have little ones home.
I don't know how I'm going to do it, but do it I will.

If I need to take off a day of work, so be it.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:56 am
amother Clematis wrote:

Wow, lucky you.
When does your dh have time?

I do all the above. Dh has no free time either.

amother
Trillium

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:11 pm
amother Pear wrote:
Wow, lucky you.

Same here.

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:20 pm
To all the ladies that work full time and have little kids, why do you wait until 2 weeks before to start? Not judging just wondering... it's a huge job !
Unless your house is clean and organized all year long! Wink

I work and start way before. My pesach cleaning is mostly done on Sundays and Friday afternoons. First floor has to be 100% done by purim!
I also do sheitel wash and set as a side business so I'm crazy busy before pesach but it's not a surprise, so I plan accordingly.

amother
Clematis

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:22 pm
amother Pear wrote:
Wow, lucky you.

He does it early mornings or late nights. He works full time too. If both of you work full time all the work shouldn't be on you. Either dh helps or pay someone to clean.

As an aside, I leave the cleaning to him and don't get involved or criticize. I think many ladies have a hard time letting go and their dh doesn't want to help if nothing will be good enough. I don't check over his work or make comments about how he cleans.

amother
Pear

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:40 pm
amother Viola wrote:
To all the ladies that work full time and have little kids, why do you wait until 2 weeks before to start? Not judging just wondering... it's a huge job !
Unless your house is clean and organized all year long! Wink

I work and start way before. My pesach cleaning is mostly done on Sundays and Friday afternoons. First floor has to be 100% done by purim!
I also do sheitel wash and set as a side business so I'm crazy busy before pesach but it's not a surprise, so I plan accordingly.

Because we work full time and have little kids!!!!!!!!

amother
Catmint

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:41 pm
I also leave a lot of the cleaning to my husband. He's just better at it than I am. In regard to pesach cleaning. My kids are in charge of their own rooms. At least the ones that are old enough. They also will go through their own briefcases and coats etc.
I find that if I divide it by room it feels much more manageable. The only hard room is really my kitchen. And my husband does a lot of that. I usually work full time and my husband works more than full time. I happen to be on maternity leave now. I tend to do it the week before and I don't stress about it. We basically take one day to do the kitchen and dining room very well. And one more day to do the toys, couches, etc. The garage and downstairs is my husband's job completely.... I honestly doubt there's much food there and my husband tends to clean it out all the time. Anyways. The rest of my house is really clean pretty regularly and vacuumed, so I'm assuming there's not much food.

I'm actually going to start baking for pesach this week and leave the cleaning for afterwards. ( I do have a small pesach kitchen)
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics