Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Shoppers remorse, I hate what I shop

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:51 am
Yep, so the change of season brings on so much pain frustration anxiety.

I shop with money I hardly have, think and sometimes overthink while everyone just seems to have it down pat...

Only in hindsight do I see what I like

I feel like everyone just knows where and how to shop. Sigh.

imaima

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:06 am
That’s why maybe rather buy what you really like!
Shopper’s remorse is real but hope you end up seeing the good in your choices

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 1:06 am
Yes, and doing it under pressure before yom tov makes it worse because you feel you have to buy and end up purchasing things you don't love.

I'm at a stage in my life now that I never go shopping intentionally. I never buy specifically for Shabbat or chag or for the season. I'm what I call an incidental shopper. If I'm out and about , or surfing the net and see something I like for a good price even though I may not need it right now, I'll buy it without the pressure. In this way I now have a wardrobe of clothing that I really love and feel good about. I buy a nice number of items throughout the year, often on sale and significantly reduced so I always feel that I have something new and fresh.

Admittedly it's much harder to shop this way when you are still clothing young children who outgrow/ruin their stuff.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 2:40 am
Same here. Sometimes I lie in bed and can’t fall asleep because I’m regretting my shopping decisions. It’s hard!!!!!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:27 am
Same op!
I now try to only but what I’m 100% comfortable with
But I still make mistakes
It’s frustrating bec I can’t just go and replace

amother
Firethorn

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:40 am
Shopping for yourself or for your kids?

For myself I often experience regret. Now I make sure I'm either buying where there's a good return policy or I really take to time to think about my purchases. I don't buy for myself just because of change of seasons. I buy when it's something I truly love. With this I also find that I don't want to replace these items as frequently. I wear them for as long as they last.

For my kids, I've never experienced buyers regret. I buy, they wear. I've never anguished over their purchases.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics