Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Help- making a simcha at home
Previous  1  2

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 8:43 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
Actually by rosenbaums you reserve the cloths up to 4 weeks before. If you dont reserve they might not have enough for you...
The serving/decor pieces are first come first serve a few days before your simcha from whatever is there. (things break and get ruined all the time so they dont want to commit to having any specific things..)

They partnered with a laundromat that allows you to drop them off for $5 and they wash and return them to the gemach for you.

Rosenbaum has a beautiful selection and it's a tremendous chesed. My concern was that they have square and round of most styles. You can reserve a style not shape. Technically you can use either but I am particular and didn't want to be stuck using square cloths on a round table. The only work around which I have heard people do is to reserve the whole stock... I wasn't comfortable with doing that.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:25 pm
I also used the gemach near wine on 9. I got tablecloths that weren't the right size and stained right in the middle and it was very late in the game to go back and take something else. I was stuck so I had to do some serious sewing the tablecloth so it would sit properly in a different place and I put some stuff on top of it. it was passable but I wouldn't do it again. its not something I would want to have again that I am preparing for a simcha and have that type of surprise. bec they didn't give me much time before the simcha to pickup I didn't have any choice but stick with it.

but the next simcha I would rent from a place its worth it for me. bec if I'm making it in my house and im saving money. there are certain things that is worth it for me to not get into a problem from the get go. so if im renting I can call and tell whoever it is that I have a problem. if I'm getting from a gemach you don't get to tell them anything. they are here for free. so I don't get to complain. its fare bec. if im getting it free I shouldn't complain.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 9:59 pm
there is a gemach by high street - I got beautiful cloths and paid 36 dollars for all the cloths I needed. There is not a tremendous selection, but sufficient to choose from and they are in good condition and has round and rectangle. They put them in boxes for you in the amounts you reserved on the morning you reserved them for (They are open Wednesday mornings 9:45-10:45 I think)

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 11:01 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
Actually by rosenbaums you reserve the cloths up to 4 weeks before. If you dont reserve they might not have enough for you...
The serving/decor pieces are first come first serve a few days before your simcha from whatever is there. (things break and get ruined all the time so they dont want to commit to having any specific things..)

They partnered with a laundromat that allows you to drop them off for $5 and they wash and return them to the gemach for you.

Which laundromat did they partner with?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 10 2024, 3:47 pm
Does anyone know a number for table and chair gemach? And do they deliver or you need to pick up yourself?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries