Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Help- making a simcha at home
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:19 am
Any tips? I need to make it as inexpensive as possible..

Looking for contacts/ideas for the following if anyone can help:

Gemachs or cheap rentals for-
Tables/chairs
Table linens
Centerpieces
Dishes, silverware, glasses

Catering ideas- looking for fleishigs. Open to platters or 9x13s as long as it’s good and not too pricey

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 12:33 am
amother OP wrote:
Any tips? I need to make it as inexpensive as possible..

Looking for contacts/ideas for the following if anyone can help:

Gemachs or cheap rentals for-
Tables/chairs
Table linens
Centerpieces
Dishes, silverware, glasses

Catering ideas- looking for fleishigs. Open to platters or 9x13s as long as it’s good and not too pricey

Rosenbaum gemach for table linens and centerpieces and platter trays… (near wine on 9) (732) 523-2194

And skip the dishes, use plastic with real cutlery and glasses. Same look, a whole lot easier and minimal expense.

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:32 am
Right now all the fancy disposable dishes are on sale,
If you are buying that it's a great time to buy.

Many neighborhoods have a neighborhood chair G'mach, ask your neighbor's who made a Simcha recently if they know of one and have the phone #.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 10:15 am
Thank you!

I’m wary of using disposables, because they’re not so safe and not very nice to eat off of IMO (though they look nice). Plus they can be very pricey

Are there any rental places that do kosher dishes at a good price?

amother
Tulip

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!

I’m wary of using disposables, because they’re not so safe and not very nice to eat off of IMO (though they look nice). Plus they can be very pricey

Look at the web-site of Webstaurant https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ and Restaurant Depot https://www.restaurantdepot.com/ to see how much there cheep dishes cost it might be cheaper then renting. If that's the cause you could just buy them and then throw them out.

You will have to toivel them through.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 4:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!

it's not very cost and time efficient to get real dishes. You'll have to buy or rent, toivel and then wash after the event....
Lots of work!

mommybrr

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:05 pm
Look in the BP gemach list for table chair and centerpiece gemachs
Zaks has beautiful tablecloths for 5.70 cleaning fee per piece. Free centerpieces. Advantage over Rosenbaum is that u can reserve and know exactly what you're getting. Only open Wed. nights. +1(732)6165514 on Spruce street.
Gourmet Glatt (supermarket) has very good pricing on simcha catering to go.
Shloimys kosher world is also a cheaper option.
For full event - R &S can do a small inexpensive catered event in their simcha hall.
Cheaper caterer to set up, serve and provide food- Simcha Catering or Yonis
I haven't found any cheap dishes/flatware rental since Yellow Tulip closed a few years ago.
Mazel tov!

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 5:26 pm
amother Tulip wrote:
Look at the web-site of Webstaurant https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ and Restaurant Depot https://www.restaurantdepot.com/ to see how much there cheep dishes cost it might be cheaper then renting. If that's the cause you could just buy them and then throw them out.

You will have to toivel them through.

You might not have to toivel if you’re only using it once and then throwing out.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you!

Not safe and not very nice to eat off of??? I’ve seen beautiful gorgeous disposables on velvet tablecloths that look amazing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:27 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Not safe and not very nice to eat off of??? I’ve seen beautiful gorgeous disposables on velvet tablecloths that look amazing

The plastic is not really safe to eat off from, it has lots of bad chemicals

I agree there are gorgeous looking ones, and they can look beautiful. I meant not nice to eat off of because while they look really nice once you start eating it’s still just a thin flimsy plastic plate

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:31 pm
mommybrr wrote:
Look in the BP gemach list for table chair and centerpiece gemachs
Zaks has beautiful tablecloths for 5.70 cleaning fee per piece. Free centerpieces. Advantage over Rosenbaum is that u can reserve and know exactly what you're getting. Only open Wed. nights. +1(732)6165514 on Spruce street.
Gourmet Glatt (supermarket) has very good pricing on simcha catering to go.
Shloimys kosher world is also a cheaper option.
For full event - R &S can do a small inexpensive catered event in their simcha hall.
Cheaper caterer to set up, serve and provide food- Simcha Catering or Yonis
I haven't found any cheap dishes/flatware rental since Yellow Tulip closed a few years ago.
Mazel tov!

Thank you!

How does it work Rosenbaums, when you go in and choose what you want how long do you have until you need to return it? If you can’t reserve do people have to just come the day before their event to choose items?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:34 pm
I reserved by rosenbaum gmach. It’s behind wine on the 9. I reserved tablecloths and vases on a Tuesday night for my Sunday simcha and returned it Tuesday morning after the simcha.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 6:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
The plastic is not really safe to eat off from, it has lots of bad chemicals

I agree there are gorgeous looking ones, and they can look beautiful. I meant not nice to eat off of because while they look really nice once you start eating it’s still just a thin flimsy plastic plate

There are thicker nicer plastic papergoods and chargers you can put under the plates. You can cricut menus, place cards, placemats or monograms on the cups which makes it nicer

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:08 pm
Nothing will happen to anyone from eating off disposables at your simchas. Chances are 98% of the people there eat from disposables all the time. If you don’t usually then nothing will happen if you do it your simcha.

amother
Rainbow

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:10 pm
Sorry double post

amother
Daisy

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:14 pm
Actually by rosenbaums you reserve the cloths up to 4 weeks before. If you dont reserve they might not have enough for you...
The serving/decor pieces are first come first serve a few days before your simcha from whatever is there. (things break and get ruined all the time so they dont want to commit to having any specific things..)

They partnered with a laundromat that allows you to drop them off for $5 and they wash and return them to the gemach for you.

amother
Geranium

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:20 pm
I'm not in Lakewood but making a simcha at home iyh. I am using plastic plates and real silverware. Not sure about cups yet. It's a ton of work to use real dishes. I actually have from someone that I can borrow a couple hundred sets but it's a lot of work to wash them all so not bothering.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:21 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
Nothing will happen to anyone from eating off disposables at your simchas. Chances are 98% of the people there eat from disposables all the time. If you don’t usually then nothing will happen if you do it your simcha.

I don’t want to go off topic, I was just listing reasons why I’d prefer to not use plastic and this wasn’t the only one. Plastic is also pretty expensive so I was hoping to rent dishes if anyone had any recommendations that I can look into pricing

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:22 pm
amother Daisy wrote:
Actually by rosenbaums you reserve the cloths up to 4 weeks before. If you dont reserve they might not have enough for you...
The serving/decor pieces are first come first serve a few days before your simcha from whatever is there. (things break and get ruined all the time so they dont want to commit to having any specific things..)

They partnered with a laundromat that allows you to drop them off for $5 and they wash and return them to the gemach for you.

Thanks! Do you know what their hours are? Is it by appointment only or can I just walk in?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Apr 02 2024, 7:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! Do you know what their hours are? Is it by appointment only or can I just walk in?

They are open 12-2 and Monday and Wed nights 9-10

(732) 523-2194
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries