Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Would you move this kid into a bed?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:06 pm
Ds 3 is a very precocious little boy. He’s still sleeping in a crib and goes to sleep nicely in there. There were times when we had to use a bed or pack n play and he was impossible to get to sleep even when he was exhausted. Even once he fell asleep he would climb out in middle of the night and come to us like it was day.

On one hand I want to keep him in a crib as long as I can. Otoh, I feel like a bed with a full blanket is so much more comfortable. And he has to start sleeping in a bed at some point so why am I dragging it out? I’m just really nervous about how it’s going to go, hes a kid who doesn’t stop moving and is not someone who listens to rules…

Wwyd?

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:16 pm
Why mess with a good thing? Even if he's precocious, it's still easier to bed train than when they're older.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:19 pm
amother Melon wrote:
Why mess with a good thing? Even if he's precocious, it's still easier to bed train than when they're older.
I’m not understanding what you’re saying? Why mess with him sleeping in a crib? It’s easier to bed train now than when he’s older? Am I misunderstanding cuz it seems like you’re contradicting yourself.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:26 pm
Keep him in there as long as possible! Bed training isn’t so hard in fact I never did that I just got a bed one day and that was it. Also the crib is perfectly comfortable for them, I would not recommend moving him over right now only when they start climbing out.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:27 pm
He's used to his crib. He doesn't like other cribs or a bed. Totally normal. If he's in a bed, it may be possible he might have a hard time falling asleep in a different bed. I don't know if switching to bed will solve that occasional issue.
Also, cribs are really cozy and comforting to a kid, a bed might not be more comfortable for him. You can still give him a bigger blanket and pillow in the crib.

At some point you will have to transition him out of the crib anyway. Maybe give him a little more time.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:58 pm
No

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 11:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not understanding what you’re saying? Why mess with him sleeping in a crib? It’s easier to bed train now than when he’s older? Am I misunderstanding cuz it seems like you’re contradicting yourself.

Sorry it's late. What I meant to say was if he's happy in his crib keep him in his crib. It's easier to train them to sleep in the bed when they're older anyways, so why move him now?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics