Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Is there a way to filter Spotify

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:54 pm
So that I control what my kids listen to

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:00 pm
Get 24/6

theotherone1

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:02 pm
We had a very hard time filtering Spotify so we switched to 24/6 as the previous poster noted. While they don't have 100% of everything Spotify had, we are extremely happy with the content and feel comfortable letting our kids have full access.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:25 pm
theotherone1 wrote:
We had a very hard time filtering Spotify so we switched to 24/6 as the previous poster noted. While they don't have 100% of everything Spotify had, we are extremely happy with the content and feel comfortable letting our kids have full access.

Contact them if there's something missing that you want. They regularly add new content and artists.

Their app now supports Android Auto and CarPlay which is great!

rosegold446

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:31 pm
You can't really filter Spotify as far as I know.

Zing or 24six are probably better options

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 9:45 pm
Thanks for taking the time to reply!!!

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:12 pm
Is 24/6 an app?
And where can I sign up?

Bethany85

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 10:32 pm
Probably not what you’re looking for, but there is a bit of a solution. You can download albums and playlists to the device. Then you can access Spotify in offline mode and disconnect the device from the internet. Make sure to “forget” the network from your device so it doesn’t reconnect. Now your kids can access what you downloaded in offline mode.

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:04 pm
amother Emerald wrote:
Is 24/6 an app?
And where can I sign up?

It is an app. 24six.app and the app itself is available on the app or play store.

They also have standalone devices if you want your kids to have access to music but not the full package of a smartphone.

amother
Iris

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:17 pm
amother Snow wrote:
It is an app. 24six.app and the app itself is available on the app or play store.

They also have standalone devices if you want your kids to have access to music but not the full package of a smartphone.

Do you have to pay to listen to the app on a smartphone? I know that to use a 24/6 device you need a separate subscription to listen to music, but what about on an iphone/Android?

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:20 pm
amother Iris wrote:
Do you have to pay to listen to the app on a smartphone? I know that to use a 24/6 device you need a separate subscription to listen to music, but what about on an iphone/Android?

You need a subscription either way, whether you're listening on a device or on your phone.

If you get multiple subscriptions they get cheaper.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:41 pm
another vote for 24six. I had uninstalled spotify a while back because I didn't feel comfortable with it for my family. Recently I made a subscription for 24six. It feels so good knowing my kids could listen to music in a kosher way. Its a wealth of Jewish music in one app! Highly recommend!

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 11:42 pm
I switched from spotify to 24six and reallly happy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics