Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Do you use your water filter on your fridge on pesach?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 4:18 pm
Why or why not?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 4:23 pm
I don't because I don't have a water filter on my fridge to begin with, nor do I have an automatic ice machine.
Most fridges in Israel don't have that feature.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 4:26 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I don't because I don't have a water filter on my fridge to begin with, nor do I have an automatic ice machine.
Most fridges in Israel don't have that feature.

just so you know we have an automatic ice dispenser in our freezer. In israel. Its amazing.

Op, what would be the reason for not using a water filter on the fridge?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 4:33 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
just so you know we have an automatic ice dispenser in our freezer. In israel. Its amazing.

One issue I can think of is that we hold chometz cups under the filter all the time. I kasher my sink/faucet but I can’t kasher the filter. Also, my water filter works for hot water. Sometimes my kids use it for noodle soup. I think it’s 2 separate spouts though but right next to each other.

imasinger

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 4:45 pm
Mine is cold water only, and I use it. But if you have hot chometz steam, that's a different question. AYLOR.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 5:12 pm
We don’t use our water or ice maker from the fridge but we do kasher the hot water filter attached to our sink bc it’s stainless and that is what our rov told us we could do

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 6:32 pm
Only for cold water. A hot water dispenser would need to be kashered in order to be used on pesach.

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 6:39 pm
If you use water from the sink then same for fridge filter. We do.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Thu, Apr 04 2024, 6:41 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I could have installed the ice machine but I didn't want to. They are prone to break down. The more features and fancy digital controls = more takalot.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 3:01 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
I could have installed the ice machine but I didn't want to. They are prone to break down. The more features and fancy digital controls = more takalot.
We had it in our freezer for years before we actually had it connected. Weve been using it for a while and no takalot. And we LOVE cold water so its a lovely feature Smile

essie14

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 5:04 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:

So do we and half my neighborhood has the exact same fridge.
We use it on pesach. There's no chametz coming through the water line to the fridge. Why wouldn't I use it?

Elfrida

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 7:46 am
amother OP wrote:
One issue I can think of is that we hold chometz cups under the filter all the time. I kasher my sink/faucet but I can’t kasher the filter. Also, my water filter works for hot water. Sometimes my kids use it for noodle soup. I think it’s 2 separate spouts though but right next to each other.

I have friends who lock the hot water function for Pesach, but continue to use the cold water as normal.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 7:55 am
In my old fridge the ice maker was open and I’ve found tiny crumbs at times if there was open food in the freezer.
I think this ice maker is more concealed.
I’m picturing my kids refilling their cups with water when they are in the middle of eating. I’m sure their cups are touching the lever that allows the water to come out.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 7:56 am
Deleted

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 1:34 pm
Everyone has different standards, you need to ask your rav or husband, not random internet ladies. Also, having little kids who use it makes a big difference.

readreread

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 2:03 pm
I support everyone in using a filter if that is their standard, but this has never occurred to me! Ours is cold water only.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 05 2024, 2:47 pm
I’m not sure everyone understands what the water filter which is a feature of some refrigerators looks like. It’s very different than a water filter that is attached to your sink.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics