Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Easy lasagna?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 3:30 pm
I have marinara eggs cottage cheese shredded cheese and regular lasagna noodles. Last time I made lasagna I only ended up with enough filling for three layers of noodles. Anyone have a tried and true recipe? Without having to boil noodles first.

shanie5

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 6:57 pm
In a 9x13 pan layer:
enough sauce to lightly coat bottom of pan, 3 noodles, sauce, cottage cheese, noodles, sauce, shredded cheese, repeat.
Top layer should be shredded cheese. Add about 1/2 cup water to the pan-pour around the sides so you don't wash off the sauce. Cover tightly and bake. I usually have to double wrap it as my oven is fleishig, so it takes around 2 hours to fully cook. Probably takes less time if not double wrapped. Like 1.25-1.5 hours

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 7:46 pm
Eggs?

theoneandonly

Post Sun, Mar 31 2024, 8:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
Eggs?

I make the same lasagna as the previous poster but without adding extra water to the pan. No need for eggs.

amother
Forsythia

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 8:03 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....47535

baked ziti

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:11 am
I mix some sauce into the cottage cheese. That way I don't have to season the cheese and I don't have to add sauce to each layer. I also use the no-bake noodles and pour some milk or water around the sides.

renslet

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:39 am
I mix the soft cheese with the grated and add an egg and salt and oregano. That becomes my cheese layer

readreread

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 10:46 am
I make a bechamel-based lasagna and then will add spinach.

Mix 16 oz (or whatever that container size is) ricotta with 2 eggs, parsley, and salt/pepper.

In a large saucepan, make a roux. (Equal parts butter+flour, cooked - stirring constantly - until brown and smells like nuts. I use 1/2 cup each.) Add in 2 cups whole milk. Stir constantly until the mixture is so thick that you can draw your spoon up and the sauce stays sticking up for a few seconds. Add one whole ground nutmeg and some pepper.

Layer lasagna noodles, the bechamel sauce (what I described above), frozen spinach, jarred marinara sauce, the ricotta mixture, parmesan, and shredded mozarella. Keep repeating until satisfied. Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics