Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How do people make money?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:12 pm
I’m a hard worker, a hustler, I got brains and ambition, I currently work in management and I only make 3500 a month. Admittedly my job sometimes requires only very part time work and I work from home, but it’s very often overwhelmingly busy and I find myself working overtime, sometimes till late at night and early in the morning. But I make so little.

Am I being taken advantage of?

If I get a full time job, would I be making more than the meager 3500?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:13 pm
I so much want to open a business but I have no idea what and how.
I wish there were business teachers or classes that help you open a business and walk you through the process.

safetynet1

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:16 pm
The working from home may be a big clue and location. Where I live if you have about 5 years experience you should be earning at least 1k a week

amother
Jean

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 9:16 pm
Hey op, same shoes as you. make 3700 monthly and work very hard in office.
would want to open a business as well but as a mom I dont see that happening too soon

jewjew85

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:46 pm
What jobs are these?

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Mar 27 2024, 11:54 pm
People don’t make money from salaried jobs. Not big money. Money comes from
Business, investments, brokering etc.
yes, there are higher paying jobs like therapists, consultants, medical professionals, lawyers etc. But those are still salaried workers and they have limited salary ceilings.
If they are savvy and invest those earnings into other things, then they will live a “comfortable” level.

amother
Anemone

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:01 am
I work as a Renal social worker and I have a Master’s Degree. I work full time in a dialysis clinic, not from home (and worked there through all of Covid). It is for a major international company. I do get paid vacation and health benefits (that I have to pay in to) but my take home is not much more than what you wrote above. Anyone I know who has a master’s degree (or even doctorate) and works in healthcare, for a hospital or large agency, has a similar salary.
I know the cost of living, but I am failing to comprehend these inflated salaries.

giftedmom

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:04 am
amother Anemone wrote:
I work as a Renal social worker and I have a Master’s Degree. I work full time in a dialysis clinic, not from home (and worked there through all of Covid). It is for a major international company. I do get paid vacation and health benefits (that I have to pay in to) but my take home is not much more than what you wrote above. Anyone I know who has a master’s degree (or even doctorate) and works in healthcare, for a hospital or large agency, has a similar salary.
I know the cost of living, but I am failing to comprehend these inflated salaries.

I keep saying college is a scam nowadays. Everyone screaming that chassidish boys need a college education should get their heads on straight. Every Joe Shmoe working entry level in the community makes more.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:08 am
The only way to earn a LOT of money is either by doing sales, owning a business, getting a degree (which is lots of schooling and student loans) or with investments (which require money). You can be a COO, CFO or carry another fancy title at a corporate company and still cap out at a cetain number.

I own a business and earn beautifully, but I work like a dog, and it does affect other areas of my life.

I know some salesmen that are raking it in, but they deal with a ton of rejection which can be very discouraging.

Bottom line is, you need to be very determined and work really really really hard to be able to earn the big bucks

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:11 am
giftedmom wrote:
I keep saying college is a scam nowadays. Everyone screaming that chassidish boys need a college education should get their heads on straight. Every Joe Shmoe working entry level in the community makes more.

Yup. When Rockefeller worked on the school system he said "I don't want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers." And since chassidish boys dont get a college degree, they end up thinking out of the box, which is why they earn the big bucks

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:31 am
All of these generalizations are wrong. You have to do what you’re good at. I’m good at college and I’m quite successful and so is my dh. There will always be rich and poor like every culture, it’s part of the creation. If I try to build my own business, it would fail because it isn’t my strength in life.

amother
Hunter

Post Thu, Mar 28 2024, 12:35 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
All of these generalizations are wrong. You have to do what you’re good at. I’m good at college and I’m quite successful and so is my dh. There will always be rich and poor like every culture, it’s part of the creation. If I try to build my own business, it would fail because it isn’t my strength in life.

Thats true, but I'm assuming you aren't making above 500k unless you are a doctor or lawyer
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics