Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
BH my kids are cute or we would give them away!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:33 pm
After today with the kids home and getting everything ready for Purim my house was flying. My 5 and 3 year old decided they were cleaning up and so one was in charge of the broom and the other was in charge of the garbage can. They also found things in the dress up box so they can dress up for their title and then They actually cleaned up. Well partially.. 😄

amother
Lightgray

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:46 pm
Is the title supposed to be funny ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:49 pm
amother Lightgray wrote:
Is the title supposed to be funny ?

It's a way of talking Bec kids can be so difficult sometimes. Of course I would never give them away

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:52 pm
I took it as a joke. Seems like some people's sarcasm and tongue in cheek radar malfunctioned.

BH my kids are cute too! And BH their teachers think so too!

amother
Garnet

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 8:55 pm
Yes bh they're cute because today was a trying day! No schedule. A lot to accomplish. Some happy helpers who weren't much of a help, some unhappy helpers who are capable of helping but would rather read or play with neighbors. It was a long day!

Goldengoose

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 9:01 pm
today my 6 yr old sang "happy birthday to purim, happy birthday to purim.... are you one? no. are you two? are you three? yes. why? because in 3 days it's purim.

currently he's tantruming because I don't let him have the ipod in bed because he went to bed too late. but he's adorable so I'll keep him. Wink

amother
Lightyellow

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:10 pm
I know you didn't mean anything, but I find the title hurtful. I would appreciate if you edit it.

(I don't open threads I find hurtfull, but thread titles can't be blocked.)

Cheiny

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:15 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
I know you didn't mean anything, but I find the title hurtful. I would appreciate if you edit it.

(I don't open threads I find hurtfull, but thread titles can't be blocked.)

Agree it’s distasteful.

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:17 pm
It’s meant in jest come on you all are too serious!

GrowingUp

Post Thu, Mar 21 2024, 11:23 pm
amother Steelblue wrote:
It’s meant in jest come on you all are too serious!

I’ve had some similar comments on a sarcastic choice of wording (regarding kids) this week. I’m guessing it’s just a stressful time of year and people are more sensitive than usual. Idk I’ve been here for almost 10 years and I’ve never really seen this so much.

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 12:57 am
I always say that my kids are lucky that they so stinkin' cute! Bh bh.

amother
Lily

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 2:02 am
Yup... H' made our babies and toddlers cute so we'd keep them, and He made our teenagers be teenagers so we'd let them get married! (As heard from a big chinuch expert)

amother
Peru

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 2:26 am
GrowingUp wrote:
I’ve had some similar comments on a sarcastic choice of wording (regarding kids) this week. I’m guessing it’s just a stressful time of year and people are more sensitive than usual. Idk I’ve been here for almost 10 years and I’ve never really seen this so much.

I guess the world situation (and specifically Israel- Gaza) is a major stressor 😔

tweety1

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:09 am
amother Lily wrote:
Yup... H' made our babies and toddlers cute so we'd keep them, and He made our teenagers be teenagers so we'd let them get married! (As heard from a big chinuch expert)

Lol totally. My oldest was the most difficult baby. In hindsight probably colic just didn't know the word yet. We always joke that hashems miracle was that he was freakin cute and gorgeous together. Very petite. Otherwise he would long be thrown out the window.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 3:49 am
This way of talking always bothers me and feels inappropriate even as a joke.
Kids can do annoying things, one if my kids dropped a bowl of boiling hot milchigs noodles into a fleishig drawer treifing up half our utensils, but I still wouldn’t talk like that. Kids can be frustrating, require a lot of patience, but al tiftach peh lasatan.

Lucky Princess

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 5:57 am
Oh my! It's a saying. Why is everyone so literal?

DVOM

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 7:06 am
notshanarishona wrote:
This way of talking always bothers me and feels inappropriate even as a joke.
Kids can do annoying things, one if my kids dropped a bowl of boiling hot milchigs noodles into a fleishig drawer treifing up half our utensils, but I still wouldn’t talk like that. Kids can be frustrating, require a lot of patience, but al tiftach peh lasatan.

The phrase doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's a joke.

I guess each person has their own sensitivities.

After coming home from school with one too many notes from his teacher, and seeing my frustration, my 9 year old said: "It's a good thing I'm so cute, right?"

And he's absolutely right!

DVOM

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 7:07 am
amother Lily wrote:

Never heard this one before! Love t!

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 7:27 am
amother Lily wrote:

I guess that explains why my autistic teen is still adorable. I have no interest in ever attempting to marry him off.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Mar 22 2024, 9:02 am
This is why we can’t have comedy anymore. Op you should attach a link to a helmet for anyone that’s too sensitive. Like Matt Rife did.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics