Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help me find a place to live
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 1:04 am
essie14 wrote:
I know hundreds of chareidi women who have gel manicures and lace shaitels.
There are various shades of chareidi.

What communities are these in?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 1:06 am
Ok another question? Why are all the cities in E”Y built so condensed?

Why isn’t there anything like the suburbs that have good solid out of town feel chareidi communities?

Although our house now is not big and we have a very small yard, we have space. Space between houses space to run around outside, space with no one on top or bottom of us.

Why is this so hard to find in E”Y? Truly asking out of curiosity

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 1:12 am
amother OP wrote:

Why isn’t there anything like the suburbs that have good solid out of town feel chareidi communities?

Although our house now is not big and we have a very small yard, we have space. Space between houses space to run around outside, space with no one on top or bottom of us.

You can find this on moshavim or kibbutzim.

Land is expensive here Smile

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 1:16 am
DrMom wrote:

But there is so so much empty land. Everywhere I travel in the country I see sooo much space that is just grass and trees. Some of it is mountains, but even a community on a mountain can have more space…

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 1:16 am
DrMom wrote:

Are there any moshavim that may fit with my families needs/hashkafah?

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 1:18 am
amother OP wrote:
What communities are these in?

Every single city. Beitar, bnei brak, RBS, tel aviv, Jerusalem, etc etc. You can find them everywhere.

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 1:20 am
amother OP wrote:

Because our entire country is smaller than NJ, honey. We have 9 million citizens and growing. Where do you expect us to put all the new people?
Not every piece of land that you see trees on is able to built on. There are also security concerns. We can't just plop down some houses in an Arab village.
Chareidim don't generally want to live on a yishuv surrounded by Arabs.
You can find beautiful homes with open spaces in many places in Israel. You may also need a gun and barbed wire to live there.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:50 am
essie14 wrote:
Because our entire country is smaller than NJ, honey. We have 9 million citizens and growing. Where do you expect us to put all the new people?
Not every piece of land that you see trees on is able to built on. There are also security concerns. We can't just plop down some houses in an Arab village.
Chareidim don't generally want to live on a yishuv surrounded by Arabs.
You can find beautiful homes with open spaces in many places in Israel. You may also need a gun and barbed wire to live there.

Why do you have to be so mean about it??

I’m just trying to understand as I specifically stated above

essie14

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:55 am
amother OP wrote:
Why do you have to be so mean about it??

I’m just trying to understand as I specifically stated above

How am I being mean about it? I explained the issues.

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 5:57 am
amother OP wrote:
But there is so so much empty land. Everywhere I travel in the country I see sooo much space that is just grass and trees. Some of it is mountains, but even a community on a mountain can have more space…

We like all that grass and trees and mountains.

Most people here do not want their country to be covered with uniform suburban ticky-tacky so that Americans who like big houses can move here.

Nature that can be shared by all is a more highly valued principle here, vs. the ability of private home-owners to have nice lawns.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:01 am
The areas like Beit El/ Eili, Psagot/ Ofra have more room around homes. Problem is they aren't building in those areas all the time. Yishuv Adam had an American Community. Their Rav passed away and I'm not sure who continued. They also have homes and apartments, english speakers. Not cheap area though if you buy. you need a car to live there. (most of the areas in the Shomron also you need at least one car. )

DrMom

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:09 am
Also, Israeli kids have places to play. There are parks here.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:09 am
amother OP wrote:

There's a lot of bureaucracy to turn land intended for farming into housing.

amother
Lemonchiffon

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:12 am
You might like Ma'alei Adumim. There are English speakers, lovely streets, yards, nice shopping. Go in2 their FB page. Ma'ale Adumim Anglo Community, also Secret Maale Adumim on FB. You might like this.

BadTichelDay

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:33 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, in Israel, unlike in many other countries, most land is technically owned by the State. Excluding the parts that are owned by Arabs. There is hardly any truly private land. Also, there is very little private, individual building activity. Most built up land got that way by being leased to big building companies who developed it and then sell the units.
I find that deplorable as well, but that's just how it is in this country.

We live in a yishuv in the Shomron. We have free standing single or double family houses with gardens and are surrounded by open landscape, and I treasure that very much. I love having a garden and my personal plant collection. But: most yishuvim like that are DL, some are secular. Army service is part of life here. And yes, we have some barbed wire around and I do have a licensed gun.
There are a few chareidi settlements, too, but they tend to consist of dense urban type multiple unit housing and no private gardens.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:51 am
Want to add on Karmiel - I have some good friends there, don't live there yet, but we hope to end up there one day.

The american community had a bit of a rough start and many of the people who where unhappy or moved out where at its beginnings. I have spoken with them.
By now, it is much more established, and people are much happier.
I also know first hand that a bunch of the people who left and ended up in RBS really regret the move.

I think it's a great option for Americans who want an OOT feel/ JPF and don't fit squarely into the charedi box - but lean in that direction more then they do DL, and it's also very nice for people who are more yeshvish. Biggest problem is jobs - there are not a lot of options for Anglos or even in general, lots of people travel to Haifa or Tel Aviv for tech jobs (there is a train to both places, and lots of people here in jerusalem where I live travel to TA as well)

The other issue is schools. There are actually great options - but not if your kid has specail needs, its OOT, they can never compete with the big cities. Also when it come to High Schools if the ones locally are not a good fit for your kid they will need to travel and dorm.

A vast majority of the families don't have problems, but those are the potential issues.

About housing. 250k is about 900k, which can buy an smaller apartment in Karmiel. You would probably have to get a bigger mortgage then you would like, but its nothing near the RBS levels.

Shuly

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:51 am
Remember that the weather in Israel is nice for most of the year. The kids don't play inside unless it is raining, so the houses can be smaller and the kids play in the parks in the afternoons.

I have cousins in Karmiel and Maaleh Adumim and I think you should look into both.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:54 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:

And because the government makes a boatload of cash on land sale they release it very very slowly.

The dirty little secret of the housing crisis is that if the govt. released a LOT of land at once for cheap prices with a requirement for the kablanim not to markup the land value more then a reasonable percentage , it would be solved.

The problem is to much of the takziv rely's on the money THEY make on the rising RE values.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 6:58 am
amother OP wrote:

This is such an american question. America is HUGE so the suburbs and housing are huge in comparision to the rest of the world.

Have you been to europe?
It's a lot more similar to Israel then it is to the US

I'll give you that Israel is even more cramped the the US, because we have even more population density and really tiny country, even on European standards.

amother
PlumPink

Post Tue, Mar 12 2024, 7:25 am
Maale Adumim is NOT the type she’s describing her family as
She most definitely will not fit in
It’s very hard here to find a community
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions