Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Where do American Chabad families live in Israel?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 23 2024, 11:39 pm
We are a BT through Chabad family for two decades. Our kids are almost done with school and we want to move to Israel. Besides Kfar Chabad which is not for us where do American Chabad families settle? We would want a Chabad shul with a Rabb and atleast some other Americans. We are not messichist. People keep telling us Chabad in Israel is not the same as the US and pointing us toward DL communities. Can anyone explain the difference or give any other advice on this it would be appreciated.

amother
Eggshell

Post Tue, Apr 23 2024, 11:42 pm
I think Beer Sheva which has a bonus of being less expensive than most of Israel.

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 12:02 am
Chabad in Israel is more meshichist, as a given

Your friends are right. Carry your chabad with you into DL - you'll get plenty of respect for your personal customs in the klal.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 12:12 am
Rappel wrote:
Chabad in Israel is more meshichist, as a given

Your friends are right. Carry your chabad with you into DL - you'll get plenty of respect for your personal customs in the klal.

Thank you. DL just seems like a huge range to me and I don’t understand all the intricacies. Not complaining but how would I find a DL community with Americans, a Chabad shul and more on the Tznius side? So far we have been only to Arnona. Would prefer a little less French ie more American but also more comfortable with more Tznius. Uhh feel weird waiting this stuff but trying to find other places to try. We have zero issue with what others do but if possible would love to surround ourselves a little more fully with “what we are used to” I guess..

amother
NeonPurple

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 12:58 am
Tzfat
Kfar Chabad

amother
Camellia

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 12:59 am
RBS has chabad rabbis who send their kids to DL schools.
There are at least 6 different chabad shuls in rbs and bet shemesh

rivkie123

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 1:55 am
https://www.chabad.org/news/ar.....m.htm

If you are interested in something new maybe check this out

amother
Lotus

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 2:40 am
Har Nof has a small but active Chabad community. There is a Chabad shul, but I don't know where they send to school.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 2:44 am
Chabbad is All Over! You have a lovely shul in Baaka Jerusalem with Rabbi Hendel (in their early 40's) who have learning programs , get togethers, Beautiful Shul, very friendly.
There is also in RBS. You need to look around and just ask.

BadTichelDay

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 2:59 am
Especially in yishuvim across the Green Line, here is some overlap between DL and Chabad. Just as an example, we have a small Chabad shul in our yishuv, where more than half the people who go there are technically DL. There is a small core of black hat real Chabad families but many Chabad-friendly DL people, including me, go there as well and often you see more knitted kippot than black hats. However, there are almost no English speakers and the people who run the shul are staunchly meshichist, which those who want to ignore that, like dh and me, just ignore.

There are more small rural communities like that, I think each of them has it's own flavor and style, some are closer to original Chabad, others are more of a mix.

In the cities in general, the bigger Chabad centers are closer to classic Chabad and probably contain more English speakers/Americans but I have no idea where specifically.

For OP, it might be a good idea to search the other way round, first find Anglo communities you like, and then look what Chabad presence is there, chances are there will always be something.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 3:37 am
Chabad does kiruv all over Israel so chabad shuls are Messed to by lots of dati leumi, traditional, and secular people.

If you want a strong chabad community you will hsve to go somewhere like RBS and as people said, there's a strong amount of meshishinists here. I've never met an israeli chabad person say kvar chabad wasn't their type....

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 4:06 am
Where I live in Rehovot borders on the Chabad community here. It is a more than a decent sized community and very active, although I have been told the major are Messichist.

amother
Yolk

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 4:13 am
There is an English Speaking Chabad in the Dagan neighborhood in Efrat. There are some chabad families and some more DL. I would just recommend you contact them directly. As far as I know there's no chabad school in the Gush but we have Torani schools and a Talmud Torah.

https://www.chabadofefrat.com/

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 5:14 am
Beit Shemesh may be a good fit for you

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 6:22 pm
join the Facebook group „chabad english speakers“ they will be able to help for sure

tree of life

Post Wed, Apr 24 2024, 9:49 pm
Hi I'm chabad live in ramet beis shemesh aleph luv it here and happy to guide you bh I have helped a lot of people messing me bsimcha

Queenesther613

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 12:37 pm
We are similar and looks like we are moving to Beer Sheva. I Pm'd you.

amother
Poppy

Post Wed, May 01 2024, 2:23 pm
I live in Kiryat Moshe in Jerusalem and there is a chabad community here, chabad ganim (pre-schools/kindergartens) and I thnk there are schools that are chabad that people send to. We are dati torani, not chabad, so I don't know the details. It isn't specifically an anglo community, though there are some english speakers.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions