Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Shoes and clothes for seminary
Previous  1  2

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:19 am
essie14 wrote:
You do not need to pack toiletries or school supplies. That's all available here and will take up valuable weight allowance in her luggage.

Agree. But it's good to send a little to get her through the first day or 2. Like travel shampoo, soap, etc.. All the girls go the first few days and buy their supplies and toiletries and whatever else they need.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 11:54 am
I assume a little toiletries to get started?

amother
Marigold

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 12:06 pm
amother OP wrote:
I assume a little toiletries to get started?

Yes like I wrote above, Some travel size things what she'll need the first day or 2.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 1:08 pm
What kind of bags for: around town, tiyulim, going away for shabbos?

migirocks

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 3:09 pm
Hi, my daughter is planning on going to Ateres seminary in Israel (I think it might be called Ateres Bnos Yerushalayim now) next year iy"h. So we're just wondering for shopping purposes, what types of things we should buy in terms of clothing & shoes in and out of seminary. I know that in class there's a specific dress code, but how about outside of school? Can the girls wear more casual clothing? How about Shabbos/yom tov clothing? Not sure what girls wear in seminary nowadays. This is my oldest daughter, so we're new to this whole thing. We appreciate any help we can get. Thank you.

migirocks

Post Wed, Mar 06 2024, 3:51 pm
Also, if anyone can give me recent info, like from last year or this year, about Ateres, that would be great, cuz I wanted to clarify some things such as dress code & phone policy. Thanks.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 3:14 pm
Still looking for tips, ideas, links.

specifically we are wondering about bags - around town, for going away for shabbos, tiyulim

also, recommendations of black sweater/shirts for uniform

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Mar 13 2024, 4:03 pm
amother OP wrote:
Still looking for tips, ideas, links.

specifically we are wondering about bags - around town, for going away for shabbos, tiyulim

also, recommendations of black sweater/shirts for uniform

For going away for Shabbos, the girls use the carry-on suitcase that they take on the plane, preferably something with 4 wheels that is very light.

For tiyulim, a backpack. They usually take one on the place in addition to the carry-on, as a personal item.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info