Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
When did you break your fast?

mamacita

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 3:42 pm
How long were you able to fast? I wish I could fast the whole time, but I get terribly ill and was told to break before I reached the point of no return. I broke my fast at 2:30pm, B"H past chatzos by a good margin so I feel accomplished.

Do you find it hard to break even if you were told by your rav? I was afraid to push too long, but I kept thinking, one more hour . . .

Also curious to hear how long the fast was in different time zone, makes a big difference! here in E"Y it was over at 7:57pm. DH tells me stories about late YK in the UK, oy!

(**edited to reflect the serious, non-frivolous tone I meant, but didn't properly communicate.**)

Last edited by mamacita on Mon, Aug 11 2008, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 3:54 pm
Kol hakavod mamacita!! I only made it to 1pm. My rabbi said if in doubt I should go ahead and break the fast, so I did. I didn't eat until the fast went out though, just to have that extra little bit of suffering.

SZ mother

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 4:05 pm
still doing it, and... 4:25 hours to go!!!! Mad

Yakira

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 4:08 pm
I feel like this thread is a little inappropriate, IMHO. If you broke your fast, why post all about it online. Why isn't it something that to keep private?

ora_43

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 4:10 pm
Yakira wrote:
I feel like this thread is a little inappropriate, IMHO. If you broke your fast, why post all about it online. Why isn't it something that to keep private?

Why would it be something to keep private? It's not like we did anything wrong, this is for those who had to break the fast to commiserate, not for anyone who just didn't feel like fasting.

Crayon210

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 4:11 pm
Good point, Yakira.

Seraph

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 8:54 am
my rav told me not to even bother trying to fast, that I should make havdala as soon as shabbos was over. so about 9 pm...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days