Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Best restaurants in Yerushalayim for family
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:11 pm
My kid’s favorite places are bush beigles and big bite. Simple, inexpensive and kid friendly. Food isn’t amazing but it’s okay for kids.

Waldorf Astoria is delicious and they are really accommodating to kids but it’s a lot more expensive so you might consider it a “waste” to bring kids there. My kids love it too.

Reality

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:11 pm
Success10 wrote:
Sorry to notpick, but it's not a Sefardi hechsher. Its under the auspicies of a Sefardi rav, but the shittos they use are acceptable by Ashkenazi standards as well as Sefardi.

Which is why many ashkenazim who don't eat other sefardi hechsherim for meat have no problem eating it. But many (majority) yeshivish and chassidish people don't eat it.

Success10

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:35 pm
Reality wrote:
Which is why many ashkenazim who don't eat other sefardi hechsherim for meat have no problem eating it. But many (majority) yeshivish and chassidish people don't eat it.

I'm happy to meet up with you at a Machpud place sometime! Wink

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:43 pm
Success10 wrote:
Where is this Powerworks Coffee you speak of? Sounds tempting... Coffee

It's in this niche of small businesses on Agripass right across the shuk entrance. The Mexican place is there along with the new Tokyo sushi which is Rubin I believe, and infused jlm is there too.

We should do an imamother meet up there maybe. It's such a quaint little area. Would love to meet up with you there.

I know I'm imamother I'll pm you later lol. I'm only amother because we're such foodies and I always reccomend these places

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:46 pm
amother DarkViolet wrote:
I don't live in RBS. In Yerushalayim Machpud is not a usual hechsher among American Chareidim. I cook meals for many different nsheis and each nshei has their own list of acceptable hechsherim to send to families from that nshei- I've never had a nshei that told me Machpud was okay to send.

On the other hand, my very Chareidi friend is Sefardi and much more stringent with hechsherim than me and they eat Machpud because it's a Sefardi hechsher.

This is true, outside Yerushalayim and other major chareidi cities things are different though, I'm friends and travel all around the country and as I said almost all the fleishig restaraunts in RBS are Machpud and most people who live there are chareidi.

But OP specified anything above rabbanut mehadrin is good for her. So I'm not sure why we're even discussing what's accepted etc on this thread. It's pretty irrelevant for OP.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, Jan 30 2024, 3:47 pm
amother Bluebonnet wrote:
My kid’s favorite places are bush beigles and big bite. Simple, inexpensive and kid friendly. Food isn’t amazing but it’s okay for kids.

Waldorf Astoria is delicious and they are really accommodating to kids but it’s a lot more expensive so you might consider it a “waste” to bring kids there. My kids love it too.

Ask your LOR about the Waldorf. As far as I know it's not mehadrin. There used to be something with a private mashgiach or something but I think that's changed.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 12:54 am
For an experience like no other, and great milchig foods. Try Cafe Shalva, in Bayit Vagan near Shaarei Tzedek, and Zichron Menachem.
The building itself is an experience worth exploring, and you may have heard of the Shalva band.
The food is priced well and upscale. The service is second to none. Seriously.
They have parking under the building.
https://www.shalva.org/cafe-shalva/
Mehadrin Rabbanut hechsher - even if you just go for coffee its worthwhile.

amother
Feverfew

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:04 am
amother Brickred wrote:
Ramot mall also has many restaurants with top hechsherim. They have a Pizza Hut that's Rubin, zissalek, waffle bar, holy bagels and probably a couple others that I missed. They also have a Zalmans which can be fun with the kids, there's also a Zalmans in Ben yehuda that can be a good option if you're in town

There’s also a zalmans at Yirmiyahu and Shamgar, the kids love it!

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:08 am
You can save some money on a bunch of restaurants by buying vouchers or just with 10% off coupons (covers the tip...) via this site:

https://www.eluna.com/

Success10

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:37 am
Also for Chalavi is Ricotta in Har Chotzvim. Rabbanut Mehadrin and Kehillos. https://ricotta.co.il/

Wow, this thread should be pinned!

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:46 am
I love Gan Sippur in Gan Sacher. In the warmer weather it's even better because it's literally in the park so you can take the kids to play before or after. They have different menus for day and evening. Delicious, well thought out menu. The evening menu is a real treat, with amazing cocktails, fresh pastas, and divine desserts. Service is also great.

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 1:49 am
Success10 wrote:
How about Green's Rechavia?

Wouldn't recommend unless for takeout. There's hardly any seating, it's squashy. The baked goods and iced drinks are nice, bagels are good. Not really a restaurant, it's like the seating is an afterthought.

essie14

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 2:09 am
amother Navyblue wrote:
I love Gan Sippur in Gan Sacher. In the warmer weather it's even better because it's literally in the park so you can take the kids to play before or after. They have different menus for day and evening. Delicious, well thought out menu. The evening menu is a real treat, with amazing cocktails, fresh pastas, and divine desserts. Service is also great.

You need a reservation. We couldn't get in last week!

amother
Navyblue

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 2:11 am
essie14 wrote:
You need a reservation. We couldn't get in last week!

Yes - good point! You can reserve online. A good sign of a great place to eat Smile

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 2:12 am
Success10 wrote:
Sorry to notpick, but it's not a Sefardi hechsher. Its under the auspicies of a Sefardi rav, but the shittos they use are acceptable by Ashkenazi standards as well as Sefardi.

Interesting! I never knew that! Maybe I'll ask my husband to ask about this hechsher again Wink

Success10

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 2:23 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
Interesting! I never knew that! Maybe I'll ask my husband to ask about this hechsher again Wink

Ask him to ask your rav! He might not agree with me.

It's certainly not considered "Yeshivish" for Ashkenazim to eat it, so the Chareidi Ashkenazim who do eat it are generally the type who very much care about halacha, but don't so much care about Chareidi societal norms. Americans, mostly....

amother
DarkViolet

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 6:04 am
Success10 wrote:
Ask him to ask your rav! He might not agree with me.

It's certainly not considered "Yeshivish" for Ashkenazim to eat it, so the Chareidi Ashkenazim who do eat it are generally the type who very much care about halacha, but don't so much care about Chareidi societal norms. Americans, mostly....

We're American Chareidi and don't care about "Societal Norms" when it comes to hechsherim. Most of the Americans in my neighborhood don't- we check into each hechsher (or our Rav does) and decide which ones are up to par with our standards of kashrus.
So I'll definitely ask again...

heidi

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 6:25 am
Crave!!!

Debbie

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 6:42 am
When my husband and I visit Yerushalyim our go to restaurant is Cafe Rimon on Ben Yehudah Street, it's dairy Mehadrin and we think the food is delicious.

essie14

Post Wed, Jan 31 2024, 6:44 am
Debbie wrote:
When my husband and I visit Yerushalyim our go to restaurant is Cafe Rimon on Ben Yehudah Street, it's dairy Mehadrin and we think the food is delicious.

Also a branch in Mamila. And yes, I agree the food is delicious!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions