Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Chicken Breast with Blueberries

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 14 2023, 12:39 pm
I got this recipe from a friend and it lived up to her raves. So easy and fairly healthy as the marmalade is divided among four servings

Chicken Breast with Blueberries Valchemist

Original Source : The Best of Sunset Lowfat Cookbook

Valchemist: I really didn't have high expectations for this dish, but it knocked my socks off! Yummy! It is so different and delicious and way more than the sum of its parts. I thought it would
be on the sweet side but it wasn't sweet. The vinegar offset the sugar in the berries and jam to make a marvelously tangy and flavorful sauce. And it looked pretty, too, since the blueberries kind of pop and release their juices. I made two changes: I salted the chicken before cooking it and I used orange marmalade instead of apricot jam (because that is what I had). I don't know how this dish would taste with the apricot jam, but I can highly recommend it with the orange marmalade.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves (approx 4 breast halves)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup orange marmalade

3 tablespoons Dijon mustard

1/2 cup blueberries (can use frozen. You don't need to thaw them.)

1/3 cup white wine vinegar - I used balsamic vinegar

I did a a bit of salt and pepper and a sprinkle of garlic

Method:
Rinse chicken and pat dry.

Heat oil in a wide frying pan over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning as needed, until browned on both sides (about 6 minutes).

Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together jam and mustard. Spread jam mixture over tops of chicken pieces; sprinkle with blueberries.

Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until meat in the thickest part is no longer pink (about 15 minutes).

With a slotted spoon, lift chicken and blueberries to a platter and keep warm. Add vinegar to pan, increase heat to high, and bring sauce to a boil. Boil uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is reduced by about a third (about 5 minutes).

Pour sauce evenly over chicken.
Nutritional Info: Per Serving (4 servings): 337 Calories; 6g Fat (16.1% calories from fat); 40g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey