Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Laxative

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 2:35 pm
My DS has a hard time going dirty. can anyone recommend a laxative to try?

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 3:14 pm
prunes is the most gentle and are pretty effective.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 3:44 pm
Did he have a hard time before toilet training? Or right after? Or did it start a while after?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 3:46 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Did he have a hard time before toilet training? Or right after? Or did it start a while after?

he goes in his underwear.

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 3:48 pm
Try Normalax, it helps get things moving and keeps things regular.

Keep him away from rice, apples and bananas.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 3:50 pm
So how would a laxative help? A laxative just helps a kid who is constipated. It gives them less control over when they have a bowel movement. That would seem to be counterproductive in your case.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 3:52 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
So how would a laxative help? A laxative just helps a kid who is constipated. It gives them less control over when they have a bowel movement. That would seem to be counterproductive in your case.

I want him to sit on the toilet and understand the sensation of it coming out. a laxative will have a bowel movement scheduled

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 3:55 pm
Do you mean an enema? Laxatives don't work the second you take them. At least in my experience with two kids who have needed them in the past...Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Happy247

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:01 pm
AlwaysGrateful wrote:
Do you mean an enema? Laxatives don't work the second you take them. At least in my experience with two kids who have needed them in the past...Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Or a suppository

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:33 pm
amother OP wrote:
I want him to sit on the toilet and understand the sensation of it coming out. a laxative will have a bowel movement scheduled

My Son had this and Normalax really helped giving him daily regular toilet sessions. it stopped him making dirty his underpants.

Could it also be that he doesn't have the patience to sit on the toilet and wait for the descend?
Make sure he is comfortable and sit in the room with him entertaining an dreading books whilst he is sitting on the toilet. keep reminding him to deep breath and use the exhale to push out. It also helps if you put slight pressure with your hand on his lower back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training