Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Hard time with davening

creativecookie

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 1:20 am
I have such a hard time davening. I've had this issue for many years - so nothing to do with the current situation. I think the real issue is that it's so hard for me to go deep and open myself up and think about and pray for the important issues. I think it's just easier for me to be a little numb and deal with the surface issues in my life (taking care of the kids, housework etc) But I feel like such a failure because I don't daven enough for my kids and they deserve to have someone davening for them. I say birchos hashachar everyday but that's usually it.

I would really like to daven more and connect more with Hashem. If you've been through similar and/or have strategies how to improve, please share!

ap

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 1:22 am
You can daven in your own words.
Birchas hashachar has vhaarev na which is for your kids...

kugelEater

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 2:39 am
I have the same thing. I try to keep in mind that Hashem wants to hear anything I have to say, not just official tefillah. Ironically, the times I felt most connected to davening was when I was depressed and felt super alone and turned to Him through the pain.... but when everything is hunky dory it's definitely harder.
One thing I will tell you, which I try to also keep in mind- when I was single I went to Eretz Yisrael to daven for a shidduch. I hadn't been davening regularly at that point. I went to the Kosel every day and made a few trips to kevarim. Before I left Eretz Yisrael my shidduch was redt and I ended up getting engaged less than 2 months later. I felt like Hashem was telling me, "I want to do good for you! Just daven and it will all come pouring down!"

SG18

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 5:27 am
The Bracha after candle lighting is for your family. I don't daven much- also just Brachot in the morning- but I always savor the Bracha after candle lighting and focus on my children.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics