Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Did you feel differently in your multiple pregnancy?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 11:01 pm
I bh already have multiple children.
I always knew right away when I was pregnant.
I felt implantation. I didn't need a pregnancy test to let me know I'm pregnant...

This time around, I was so so so so so sick at implantation.

I've always been nauseous thruout the first half of my pregnancy but now, once nausea hit it's crazy. I wake up in middle if the night feeling so sick.
I cam be fine one minute and the next feel like a migraine is coming on and looking if there's a bowl nearby....
I'm super anxious about yom Kippur.

I have my first appointment soon but this is unusual. So I guess my question is if you felt differently with multiples. If this intense sick feeling makes sense.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 11:08 pm
I don't have multiples but I definitely felt different by each of my pregnancies- from unbearable nausea to manageable so I don't think this alone tells you anything.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 11:12 pm
Quick answer- yes, absolutely felt much much more nauseous with multiples.
Dehydration can make it worse. you might need fluids intravenously. (you still need to drink and if you arent passing the fluids, you need to tell your doctor)
Yom Kippur you dont need to go to shule, just rest (ask your Rav, this is what I was told).
I am so sorry you are experiencing this. While pregnancy is an amazing bracha, its can also be something to get through.
I am sure you are taking your vitamins and doing all you need to do. Please share with us when you get a Mazal Tov!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 3:45 am
B'Siyata DiShamaya wrote:
Quick answer- yes, absolutely felt much much more nauseous with multiples.
Dehydration can make it worse. you might need fluids intravenously. (you still need to drink and if you arent passing the fluids, you need to tell your doctor)
Yom Kippur you dont need to go to shule, just rest (ask your Rav, this is what I was told).
I am so sorry you are experiencing this. While pregnancy is an amazing bracha, its can also be something to get through.
I am sure you are taking your vitamins and doing all you need to do. Please share with us when you get a Mazal Tov!!

I wake up in the night shaking with nausea. In the past, if the nausea hit a certain level and my body couldnt handle the nausea anymore id pass out. The only time I'd vomit was when id taken prenatals. I never had this level of before. I go between wishing to pass put and hoping to vomit.

After I eat one salty dry pretzel it calms down enough that I still want to carry on living. During the day I'm 'mostly' ok.
I'm still so early though. Usually there's another week or more for symptoms.

Recently I did some neuropathic health session and I had asked about my insomnia. The lady told me that my body is having a hard time coping with all the extra pregnancy hormones 😩 and there's not much I can do naturally to help it. She still reccomended I try some stuff but it wasn't too helpful. (Hence the post at 3:45... I took my phone after twisting and turning for an hour)

I guess we'll have to see what my doctor says at my first appointment.
And speak to my rav about what to do in the event if I feel really sick on yk.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:14 am
I am pregnant now after a twin pregnancy and felt worse then the multiple pregnancy. I am just having it harder as I age. I did feel symptoms extremely early by my twins but now I felt so nauseous it is really hard. I was extremly anxious during my twin pregnancy, I never recovered from anxiety and it started again now in this pregnancy. So far there is only one sack. I saw two on the screen and told the ultrasound technician and she laughed and said that is my bladder Hiding

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:30 am
check in with a doc. - do bloodwork and u/s as early as possible.
Hatzlacha! Besuros Tovos!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 4:34 am
I sure hope it's your bladder! Lol.
I'm sorry about the anxiety. Must be so hard.
So it seems like multiples IS harder/more severe symptoms.
I wonder what the morning shift will say...
(Yes I'm STILL up. Put the phone down for half an hour. Still no sleep!) Banging head

amother
Steelblue

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 10:44 am
Multiples can be a harder pregnancy, but it can also just be a different sort of pregnancy. I've had different pregnancies with all my children, some more tired, some more nauseous etc. Some people say it means it's the other gender, but mine were all the same gender as well!
The only way of knowing is having dr check.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Sep 18 2023, 10:56 am
amother OP wrote:
I sure hope it's your bladder! Lol.
I'm sorry about the anxiety. Must be so hard.
So it seems like multiples IS harder/more severe symptoms.
I wonder what the morning shift will say...
(Yes I'm STILL up. Put the phone down for half an hour. Still no sleep!) Banging head

Lol I also had maybe 1 hour of sleep due to nausea- it's awful! It's definitely something to go through even though this was long awaited & so so wanted.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more