Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Do you get discounted tuition for your twins?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 3:50 pm
Im wondering what the norm is. Our school refuses to give anything less than standard. I thought they would be more understanding Sad

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 3:51 pm
No. Standard sibling discount in schools that offer it.

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 3:52 pm
Trying to understand why on earth there would be a discount? They still take the same 2 slots that the school could use for other kids...

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:03 pm
amother Carnation wrote:
Trying to understand why on earth there would be a discount? They still take the same 2 slots that the school could use for other kids...

A general understanding that it will be very financially challenging for the parents. Often tuition increases at higher grade levels, and when that increase is doubled it can be very hard.

Many stores will offer a "twin" discount when buying two identical baby items because of this. It doesn't mean they think the car seats cost less to manufacture.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:03 pm
amother Carnation wrote:

This!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:07 pm
amother Carnation wrote:

How do you think people get a discount when there are multiple siblings?

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:09 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
How do you think people get a discount when there are multiple siblings?

Ok, so the twin should definitely get the sibling discount. But an additional twin discount?

amother
Carnation

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:10 pm
amother Brass wrote:
A general understanding that it will be very financially challenging for the parents. Often tuition increases at higher grade levels, and when that increase is doubled it can be very hard.

Many stores will offer a "twin" discount when buying two identical baby items because of this. It doesn't mean they think the car seats cost less to manufacture.

No, it's because the store is trying to attract customers and they're trying to keep the twins' parents buying from them as opposed to going to the baby store across the street. Not comparable at all.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:28 pm
amother Brass wrote:
No. Standard sibling discount in schools that offer it.

School only offers sibling discount for 5+ kids.

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
School only offers sibling discount for 5+ kids.

So then no you shouldn't get a discount for having 2 kids in school that happen to be in the same grade.

amother
Bluebonnet

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:32 pm
My twins were numbers 2 and 3 in school. We got a regular sibling discount (3+ kids in school). It is a big jump though, going from 1 tuition to 3. I feel you.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:34 pm
Our twins are going to high school this coming year. That's $10,000 more than elementary tuition. Each. So a $20,000 jump in one year. Aside for the other kids. Gotta trust in Hashem, that's the only way to make it!

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 4:35 pm
Do you also ask for a discount when you're at the shoe store buying them each a pair of shoes?
It's hard to pay for double of everything at once, I do get that because most people have one expense added at a time, but I had my first 2 kids 1.5 years apart so I was also buying 2 pairs of shoes and double tuition not long after the first child.
Hope you understand it better now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more