Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts
24/6 music app or zing (Jewish music app)
1  2  Next

fish

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 11:35 am
Which one is better and why? I'm opening to paying for premium

synthy

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 12:04 pm
Zing has a huge collection of oldies, 24/6 has exclusivity on lots of new releases as well as some singers like Shwekey and Ribo. Zing has a free version, 24/6 does not.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 12:43 pm
What type of music do you prefer? Zing has a bigger collection of music. The paying version of zing doesn't costs much and is free of advertisement. Zing also has a lot of stuff exclusive, a lot.
Zing also has the lyrics to the songs (though it's not yet available for all albums)
and they started adding the booklets to the albums too. Which is really cool

fish

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 2:49 pm
We like, akiva, yishai rebo, matt dub

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 2:53 pm
synthy wrote:
Zing has a huge collection of oldies, 24/6 has exclusivity on lots of new releases as well as some singers like Shwekey and Ribo. Zing has a free version, 24/6 does not.

What does exclusivity mean? All of those artists have music on spotify. What part of their music is exclusive to 24/6?

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 3:00 pm
It looks to me like Zing is a dupe of 24Six, complete with a dedicated player, although it's cheaper at the moment for a subscription, and they have a free app - but 24Six has women and none of the other platforms do. The selling point for me is access to women podcasters and singers.

synthy

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 4:33 pm
watergirl wrote:
It looks to me like Zing is a dupe of 24Six, complete with a dedicated player, although it's cheaper at the moment for a subscription, and they have a free app - but 24Six has women and none of the other platforms do. The selling point for me is access to women podcasters and singers.
Zing was actually first, they were known as JM and recently rebranded. But yeah, only 24six has female artists.

synthy

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 4:36 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
What does exclusivity mean? All of those artists have music on spotify. What part of their music is exclusive to 24/6?
Exclusive among kosher apps. Honestly, it sucks. If I’m paying to have a kosher streaming app please don’t withhold new releases because of silly competition!

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 4:36 pm
synthy wrote:
Exclusive among kosher apps. Honestly, it sucks. If I’m paying to have a kosher streaming app please don’t withhold new releases because of silly competition!

Oooooh got it

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 4:42 pm
synthy wrote:
Zing was actually first, they were known as JM and recently rebranded. But yeah, only 24six has female artists.

Ah ok. So that’s JM…. But still a dupe of 24six because they came out with a device also.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 5:32 pm
watergirl wrote:
zing exists already 6 years for sure (that's how long I have the app) they have over 100k downloads on app store!
They don't have woman singers. But they have a lot of old stuff from before YouTube and Spotify and a bunch of kids music that's not available on YouTube or Spotify. Zing also has podcasts

amother
Zinnia

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 5:50 pm
Why is it better then Amazon music or Spotify or apple?
Convince me and maybe I'll change.

amother
Feverfew

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 5:53 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:

I don't have any but I imagine it's safer for kids. I use youtube music and if I ask it to create a jewish playslist based on similar songs sometimes a non jewish song gets included.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 5:57 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:

With all due respect, none of us get commission or points by “convincing” anyone to subscribe to these platforms (which is also against the rules of the site). We post about these streaming platforms because we think they are doing a great job at what they do that are excited about it. They are all very easy to research and see if you yourself think it’s better or not. I suggest you visit the websites and decide for yourself if it’s worth it.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 5:58 pm
amother Zinnia wrote:
you are giving parnosah to a fellow jew
And it's kid friendly/safer
And again it has a bigger choice of Jewish music and stories for children than YouTube and Spotify.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 6:21 pm
Does zing have customer support or chat? I have a couple of questions….
Or can anyone here try to answer some questions for me?

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 6:25 pm
Ema of 5 wrote:
Does zing have customer support or chat? I have a couple of questions….
Or can anyone here try to answer some questions for me?
they do. They have a whatsapp nr for costumer service. Check online

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 6:35 pm
amother Plum wrote:
they do. They have a whatsapp nr for costumer service. Check online

I wasn’t able to find a number, but on the app there’s a “contact us” which opens an email. Hopefully they will respond quickly.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 6:48 pm
Wow, that WAS quick, I already got an answer!

amother
Chicory

Post Mon, Jul 31 2023, 6:51 pm
Has anyone tried the Naki radio app?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Music and Performing Arts