Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
How much does the Ami magazine pay for an article?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 5:49 am
Where do I submit?
What is the process?

vintagebknyc

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 6:45 am
They pay ten cents a word, says a payment spreadsheet in my Jewish writers group on FB

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 8:09 am
vintagebknyc wrote:
They pay ten cents a word, says a payment spreadsheet in my Jewish writers group on FB

Thank you!

amother
Pistachio

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 1:45 pm
You just submit it to their office. I think it's submissions@amimagazine
Com.

It may take some time for them to respond. In my experience, it could take between 2 hours and a few weeks, but usually closer to a few days (if it's a yes.)

You will get paid only after it is printed, 10 cents a word. The first time, you need to set it up with their financial office. (Maybe you need to send in your ss number and address- I don't remember exactly.)

After that, you will automatically receive a check every time they print one of your pieces.

This info is about 5 years old, so it could be things changed. (I haven't submitted anything to them in a while.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club