Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding
Formula recall - so scary
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 2:39 pm
Similac has a formula recall on some of their most popular ones

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 2:53 pm
Do you know if it's on their kosher run?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 2:56 pm
amother [ Snowflake ] wrote:
Do you know if it's on their kosher run?

All similar is kosher; You probably meant cy

amother
Snowflake

Post Fri, Feb 18 2022, 4:13 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
All similar is kosher; You probably meant cy

Right, was that one recalled?

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 7:39 pm
I just checked mine and yes!
It needs to have an expiration date g April 2022 or later and made in abbot factory
Supposedly there's been complaints of food poisoning. They haven't found anything yet but they are trying to figure it out
So scary!

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 7:58 pm
Yup, my baby is kn elecare as he has severe allergies. I checked the can we were using - it was part of the recall. Switched him to one that was not part of the recall but he is throwing up and not eating for the past two days. Dunno if it’s incidental or not but I’m so nervous.

tweety1

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:03 pm
I read the recall. It's unclear. I use the soy similac powder. Is that also part of the recall?

amother
Chambray

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:06 pm
DELETE

amother
Phlox

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:14 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
This is why I breastfeed!! But seriously- breastfeeding is the best!! If you need help reach out to a lactation consultant.

These moms don't need you guilt tripping. Two of these types of formulas are for kids with severe allergies- they may not be able to be breastfed without allergic reactions. Go preach to people who want to hear it. Not to mothers who are doing their best to feed their kids and may have invested hours and hours pumping and months of restricted diets before realizing their child needed formula

amother
Almond

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:30 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
These moms don't need you guilt tripping. Two of these types of formulas are for kids with severe allergies- they may not be able to be breastfed without allergic reactions. Go preach to people who want to hear it. Not to mothers who are doing their best to feed their kids and may have invested hours and hours pumping and months of restricted diets before realizing their child needed formula

This. As I posted above, my child has severe allergies. But you know what? I didn’t try to breastfeed. (Thank G-d as it may have taken months of me trying different foods while all the while my severely allergic son was bleeding in his colon but that’s not the point) and I don’t have to explain my reasons as to why not. I can’t stand when people push breast. There are so many people who choose not to breastfeed and that is totally and completely fine. Both for them and their babies.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:46 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:

Thank you for this. I feel enough guilt reading the container that says breastfeeding is best as if I didn't know that. Please appreciate your bracha that it worked for you. BH my baby is now thriving as opposed to before when he lost a significant amount of weight and was always broken out.

That being said, I'm trying to figure out if my Similac is bad. I tried that lot identification but it wasn't working and I couldn't figure out if it was right or wrong. Any advice?

amother
Phlox

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 9:59 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Thank you for this. I feel enough guilt reading the container that says breastfeeding is best as if I didn't know that. Please appreciate your bracha that it worked for you. BH my baby is now thriving as opposed to before when he lost a significant amount of weight and was always broken out.

That being said, I'm trying to figure out if my Similac is bad. I tried that lot identification but it wasn't working and I couldn't figure out if it was right or wrong. Any advice?

I saw something about adding an extra zero at the end of the code when you put it in online. See if that helps (we use generic soy so I haven't needed to check)

momallhours

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:20 pm
What should I be doing if I think my child used the recalled formula?

Ellie7

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:31 pm
momallhours wrote:
What should I be doing if I think my child used the recalled formula?

I don’t think you need to do anything if your child is fine. If your child had food poisoning, you would know.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:33 pm
Whoa! Everyone take it easy on Chambray.
Everyone has a right to an opinion!
And I happen to agree with her.

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:34 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:

She deleted her post. It's rude to bring up a deleted post.

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:35 pm

This thread was NOT the place for that opinion.

amother
Wandflower

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:36 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
This thread was NOT the place for that opinion.

And THAT is YOUR opinion.

smss

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:40 pm

Everyone has a right to an opinion and to do what works best for them. But to tell a parent who is scared and upset about a really unfortunate occurrence that they brought it on themselves by their own "bad choices" is highly insensitive.

And both you and chambray know that- which is why you posted anonymously. Deep down you were embarrassed of yourselves.

Last edited by smss on Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Hosta

Post Sat, Feb 19 2022, 10:43 pm
And THAT is YOUR opinion.

No. This thread was about recalled formula. No one asked about breastfeeding. Seriously. These breastfeeding mom who have nothing better to do than try to guilt trip others really need to take a look at themselves.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Formula Feeding