Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Bris closing up

amother

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 5:18 pm
I just took my infant son to the dr. yesterday for a check-up. The dr. said that part of his "bris area" is closing up, and it should not be.
The dr. showed me how there should be a rim and pulled down part of my baby's skin to make the rim. He told me that I have to pull it down at every diaper change and put vaseline on it.
Has anyone has this with their sons?

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 5:21 pm
oh gosh, has the bris healed yet? I am not so experienced (only one son). but I hated changing his diapers for a couple of weeks after the bris. but I'm not sure what you're referring to.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 5:22 pm
Yes, his bris healed months ago! He's about 6 1/2 months old now.

proudmom

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 5:32 pm
My son had the same thing. My grandfather is a mohel and he decided to check how the mohel did the bris. (he was a year old) and he saw how the bris was closing up and he pulled it down for me and showed me exactly what to do. the funny thing is my sons pediatrition never noticed it. BH I went to visit my grandparents, because if not then he might needed another one.

stem

Post Wed, Sep 07 2005, 8:48 pm
Bring your son to a mohel and he'll tell you what to do. I know someone who actually had to redo her sons bris when he was a year old. Sad

Kumphort

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 9:56 am
Just to reassure you, My son had the same thing, the doc pulled back the skin at his 9 month appt. he gave me some numbing cream he wants to it again now at his 15 months appt. At first it freaked me out, but at least now I know that I am not the only one with this.

micki

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 10:01 am
I don't understand why this happens- isn't it once you do a bris its cut forever?

lucky

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 10:09 am
Does such a problem in any way come from the way the mohel did the bris? or is it something that can happen irregardless of the mohels expertise?

Kumphort

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 11:26 am
The skin doesnt totally close up, its called foresking adhesion, just the edges of the skin start to get attatched, I dont think it has anything to do with the way that the mohel did the bris. More likely just the nature of the shape, and skin etc.

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 12:51 pm
hey proudmom, my grandfather is (actually, was) a mohel, too. he was sandek at my son's bris so I was very happy about him "looking" on, and he also checked him a few times after. maybe I'll ask him to check the baby again soon.
nechamam and proudmom, were you able to see this yourself, or did only the doc. notice it?

proudmom

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 12:57 pm
Quote:
nechamam and proudmom, were you able to see this yourself, or did only the doc. notice it?

never noticed it. my grandfather had to show it to me.

Kumphort

Post Thu, Sep 08 2005, 1:28 pm
once the doc. showed it to me, I was able to see what he was talking about, I never would have thought it to be a problem had he not said anything.

Meema2Kids

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 3:34 pm
My 15 months old also has this. But I think his adhesion has already healed. It is very tiny. Do you think it should be shown to a mohel anyway??

chanab

Post Thu, Sep 22 2005, 7:49 pm
Tallking from experience (4 sons ka"h), it most definitely has got to do with the expertise of the mohel.........That is why it is of utmost importance to find an EXPERT who knows how to cut

amother

Post Sat, Oct 01 2005, 10:23 pm
Hi! This is the orignial amother. Sorry it took so long to report back. I just wanted to add that when my dr. was discussing it with me, he did NOT say anything about needing to re-do the bris. He said that the only problem this will cause is in the future, erections may be painful.
And at my son's first dr.'s appointment after the bris- maybe at 2 months- the dr. had said "oh, what a great looking bris!" So the bris is fine, it's just something to do with healing- or maybe adhesion, I'm not sure of the correct term.

supermom

Post Wed, Oct 05 2005, 2:27 pm
according to my dh sometimes the mohel cuts to much skin that is why the doctor told you what he said

cl

Post Mon, Mar 20 2006, 6:02 pm
My ds is 1.
dh was worried about ds's bris cos he thought it looked like the skin was attaching together around the bris - which like s/1 earlier said - can cause probs with erections later in life.
To me it looked normal but we got the mohel to check it out an he agreed it appeared to have sealed together somewhat but he said its impossible 2 tell 4 sure cos his 'little thing' is still so small an he's so chubby that even if he cut it again now the surrounding skin cud close again.
The mohel said when ds's 3 an taller an slimmer an his 'little thing' (dont know what the kosher way of saying it on this site) has grown we will be able to tell if its a prob and then he will be able 2 correct it.
I pray it will be OK, cos the idea of it having 2 be cut again, even with a local anesthetic freaks me out.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 21 2006, 10:15 am
My son had that too. A mohel relooked at it and so did the dr., they said it can be caused from not a great job being done but also can happen if a child is chubby in that area. You just keep pushing it back, you can use a&d on it to ease it, most of the time it fixes itself and will not need to be redone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics