Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Help! How do I take care of bris diapers?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 7:57 pm
The mohel was extremely unclear and I’m uncomfortable asking again. It’s still the first day. Anyone remember instructions?

ectomorph

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 7:58 pm
Call the mohel. He's not allowed to be unclear. Or have your husband call him if you're uncomfortable.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:01 pm

This is from the mohel Nison Mozes in Lakewood

amother
Milk

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:01 pm
call the mohel.
he will gladly guide you.
our baby had a bris two weeks ago. The mohel actually was around for many hours after the bris and he changed the first few diapers. He told us to change diaper every two hours for a few days and to put a lot of vaseline on a gauze pad and put it over the area at every change. after a few days, up
to two weeks, vaseline should be applied with fingers. This is to ensure that the hole doesn’t get covered over.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:02 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Call the mohel. He's not allowed to be unclear. Or have your husband call him if you're uncomfortable.

DH called him the second time.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:06 pm
The most important thing is that they should urinate and every diaper change to put a gauze pad with anti biotic ointment on the place of the bris. Like that it doesn't create tissue inside from the wound which could be problematic later. The typed up note that a previous poster posted is very good.
Mazel tov and hatzlocha!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:06 pm
amother Taupe wrote:

This is from the mohel Nison Mozes in Lakewood

Oh wow. My mohel said nothing about 3x a day changing the gauze. He said if the baby needs a diaper change (poop only) to change the gauze and add bacitracin. It’s been quite a few hours and I haven’t touched it

mommyhood

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:09 pm
amother OP wrote:
Oh wow. My mohel said nothing about 3x a day changing the gauze. He said if the baby needs a diaper change (poop only) to change the gauze and add bacitracin. It’s been quite a few hours and I haven’t touched it

Ours just said every diaper change, not a specific amount of times a day but if it’s been a lot of hours since the bris and baby hasn’t needed a diaper I would make sure baby is eating enough. They might be tired post bris and that’s normal but you want to make sure they’re still nursing well or getting bottles whatever you’re using.

Last edited by mommyhood on Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:10 pm
amother OP wrote:

Every mohel says something a little different. A different mohel by a different son told me change it every diaper change.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 8:19 pm
With my boys there was a bandage that was put on from the bris. We let it fall off - dont mess with it before 2-3 days. Then changed bandages with lots of vaseline on each time - you can be generous - and changed bandages each time it got dirty.
Main thing is use your instinct and dont be afraid of asking questions, mohels deal with this all the time.. oh and when the bandage isnt needed anymore keep on applying vaseline with each change just so that the bris doesnt rub on the nappy causing scar tissue to form which can create problems later on
good luck!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 9:52 pm
I tried the mohel 3 times since my last post. He hadn’t answered. Can someone get me the number of a mohel I can call urgently?

amother
Dill

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 10:08 pm
amother OP wrote:

You can also call your pediatrician!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 09 2024, 10:13 pm
amother Dill wrote:
You can also call your pediatrician!

Good idea! I’ll try him
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics