Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Good chasidish (and heimish) school in Boro Park for girls
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:30 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
What’s asfaik vein?

She means AFAIK: as far as I know

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:32 pm
I doubt that there are too many covered sheitels in Vien BP. Maybe you can count on the fingers of one hand the number of covered wigs from the entire parent body. Vien Williamsburg would be a different story

amother
White

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 6:44 pm
Vien bp doesnt have so much covered... havarah was changed to chassidish though

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:11 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
What’s asfaik vein?

As Far As I know, Vein school.....

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:22 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Maybe because they were from more chassidish Homes and didn’t feel like they belong. School was not intended to be a chassidish school the whole way it’s run is not in a chassidish way. Bnos Chaya is a chassidish school. The whole way it’s run is in a chassidish derech. A nice amount of clientele in NBY are from Kensington/ Flatbush and Bensonhurst and are more yeshivish.
No I don't think that's why they switched at all. I'm not saying the crowd is identical, just that there's an overlap on some parts of the continuum

amother
White

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:39 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
No I don't think that's why they switched at all. I'm not saying the crowd is identical, just that there's an overlap on some parts of the continuum

I guess if they switched to Bnos Chaya they were prolly from the few more chassidish families that went to nby

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:50 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
ASFAIK Vein became more and more chassidish over the years. Like hat on top of shaitel type but dont take my word for it

I doubt a woman with a covered sheitel would send to Vein.
The girls are allowed to wear black tights there.
The look and hashkafas would not go together with covered sheitel type of women.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 7:55 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I doubt a woman with a covered sheitel would send to Vein.
The girls are allowed to wear black tights there.
The look and hashkafas would not go together with covered sheitel type of women.

This

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:07 pm
I agree with saddlebrown. I think many families could fit into TD, Nesivos, and Bnos Chaya.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 8:23 pm
I do NOT recommend Tomer Devorah. No one cares about the girls or yiddishkeit. It's all about how long your pony is.

flapsmom

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 9:57 pm
Anyone else here that sends to Bnos Chaya/Nesivos/Bais Brocha/Bais Esther that is willing to share general info? I'm posting under my screen name so you can pm me if you're more comfortable that way.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:03 pm
I know many people who sent their bigger girls to vein but dont send the younger girls. Its become a lot more chassidish in the past 10 years or so. The vaad is working for it to slowly be similar to vein williamsburg

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 11:38 pm
I work at bnos chaya. Its a GREAT school. Its actually refreshing to see a school where the principals care about how every student is doing. Its also a really nice mix of parents from different backgrounds. Any questions ask away.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 12:46 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I work at bnos chaya. Its a GREAT school. Its actually refreshing to see a school where the principals care about how every student is doing. Its also a really nice mix of parents from different backgrounds. Any questions ask away.

Wow it's so nice to hear someone so enthusiastic about a school!! What are they very strict about, is there something they focus on? What is their policy re: mom driving, internet/smart phone, tznius.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 12:50 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I do NOT recommend Tomer Devorah. No one cares about the girls or yiddishkeit. It's all about how long your pony is.

I send to TD and disagree with this. Yes they have strong emphasis on tznius and some rules are extreme but really every BP school have these rules. My sister sends to vien and they are all busy with tznius too. Also nesivos is very simple and very busy with tznius.
I say look at the graduates and go with the look you like. Because a school has a big impact in the chinuch of your child.

amother
Amber

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 1:04 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:

I don't necessarily agree with the way schools are dealing with tznius. But as a parent its important to always follow school rules.
I follow every tznius rule and never had an issue. And my kids are not the typical TD students. (I am ok with knee socks in the summer till 9 yrs old etc)
But when they are in school they follow every rule. I never had any issue. I find the staff extremely friendly and they let the kids breath. Alot of extra curricular. The Chassidish schools are very rigid. I found TD not to be so rigid.
It's a chassidish school.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 1:12 am
Thank you all so much for your replies!
I would love to hear more specific information about Bnos Chaya, Bais Bracha, Beis esther, Beis Sara, Tomer Devorah, and Vien. What are the Hashkafos, how much do they know as care about the students and more.

Thanks so much!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 1:15 am

That’s so nice to hear! Do they have special values that their passionate about instilling in the students. Middos? Hashkafos? How are the teachers? And would they accept a parent with a filtered smartphone?

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 2:13 am
Just curious if Munkatch is still around. When I was a kid it was a chilled chassidish school, but don't know where they are today.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Oct 25 2019, 7:27 am

Curious anout their internrt rules....
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics