Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Succos
Doing laundry on chol hamoed
1  2  Next

icetea

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 12:47 pm
does anyone know the halacha for doing laundry on chol hamoed for adults? for kids I know your allowed,if you need it,are you allowed to do laundry for adults if you need it for second days?(ex.robes...)

drumjj

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:00 pm
I do laundry I dont even have enough underwear and clothes for second day and my kids always dirty everything and my husband doesnt have enough shirts so I do

icetea

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:09 pm
thanx for the quick reply,but I was wondering if you know the halacha of that because my husband says its assur to do laundry for adults (says in shilcun aruch)and if you dont have enough rather buy. I told my husband that im not gonna buy, and see what everyones gonna say here.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:18 pm
You need the Chol Hamoed sefer that I've poste d about before.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:21 pm
icetea wrote:
I told my husband that im not gonna buy, and see what everyones gonna say here.

What do you do during the 9 days? Or during chol hamoed Peach?

the women here are not halachic authorities, you know.

icetea

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:23 pm
would it be possible to tell me where you posted it? or just tell me which sefer?
thanx in advance

drumjj

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:27 pm
im def not halacha but I cant afford to buy any new clothes

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:27 pm
you can also search this site. that might be a better idea for you, since we 've discussed this inyan time and time again. one thread even got locked!

although, it's really a ques. for a rov, you understand....

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:39 pm
If you are *already* washing for litle kids *anyway* and you dont have enough laundry to last you through yomtov you can wash, IIRC.

yunggrama

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 1:41 pm
My DH is a Rov. He tells me do what u have to do So,thats what I do. I wash laundry. A gut moed.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 2:46 pm
yunggrama wrote:
My DH is a Rov. He tells me do what u have to do So,thats what I do. I wash laundry. A gut moed.

But that's the end results. We don't know what the situation is. ...if there's many children in the house, if there aren't enough clothes, etc. You can't go by someone else's psak.

Along the same vein, you can say, you can eat on yom kippur - leaving out the first part, that someone's life is in danger.

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 3:22 pm
I'm having this dilemma too. I think if you need it for Yom Tov, you can wash it. But for sure nothing that you don't need for YomTov.

It's better to buy, but what if you can't buy?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 3:28 pm
But you aren't supposed to shop either, right?

TR, ask the rov details. If it's tights that you need, if it's underwear, if it's an outfit you might need......becvause I'm sure it's not a blanket no OR yes there.

Last edited by chocolate moose on Mon, Oct 01 2007, 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

PinkandYellow

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 3:55 pm
if I remember correctly, its better to buy then wash but like mama bear said, it could be diff once you're anyways doing for the kids. I put in a load for the kids today, but will buy myself new underwear tom, as I don't have enough for a load even if I'm told its ok.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 4:13 pm
A married frum lady needs lots of underwear al pi one of the T.M. review teachers in C.H.........

You need enough white for false starts/tries.
You cetainly need enough black/dark for the rest of the month.

Don't forget about the 9 days, either.

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 4:16 pm
well ... I will tell you what the rov in my shul said on shabbos ... that if you have a stain ... you may spot clean it ... but you may not wash the whole garment ... of course this only applies to chol hamoed ...

dmum

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 4:16 pm
not doing laundry was never a real option with my kids, but it went straight out the window motzei shabbos when dd aged 2 threw up all over herself, car, carseat as we arrived home from in-laws. lets see - carseat, coat, blanket, pjs, slippers... and that was just the vomit stuff! then there is all the yomtov clothing - I realised on yomtov that 1 new outfit for each kid needed shatnez checking!!! so that's one less outfit per kid, kids pjs, underwear, snotty sheets (the winter is here and the colds too) bibs, towels (that dd aged 1 threw up on straight after her bath)... the list is never ending! I think it's gonna be about 10 loads this chol hamoed!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 4:26 pm
Kids, is different. Also, laundry that will be ruined or that smells, I'm sure is worth a call to the rov!

greenfire

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 4:51 pm
that's why if we must we are allowed for kids !!! Puke

yunggrama

Post Mon, Oct 01 2007, 5:48 pm
Come on amother everyone understood who this shalloh pretained to .The answer speaks for itself.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics