Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Do you gain weight over Peasch?

lotte

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 10:20 pm
Any tips of how NOT to?PLEASE!

Flowerchild

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 10:22 pm
tape your mouth shut, or eat through a straw

ny21

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 10:26 pm
BRACES Shooting Arrow

ny21

Post Sat, Mar 31 2007, 10:28 pm
Do not go to a Hotel LOL

Raisin

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 6:34 am
keep as many chumras as possible. No sugar is a good place to start.

binah918

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 6:52 am
DH and I loose weight. Actually, last year DH asked me if I would continue cooking "Pesach style" for another month since he wanted to take off a few pounds!

Yes, chumras help. Nothing processed. And I don't have the energy to make pot starch, so we don't have any cakes. (We don't really eat cakes during the year either.) We used liquid sugar last year, but I don't think I'll even make it again this year. (The only thing we used it for was lemonade, and we had TONS left over.)

Here's our Chol HaMoed menu:

For breakfast we usually have fruit salad with grape juice added as sweetner. (Throughout the Chag, we keep a HUGE tupperware of fruit salad in the fridge for whenever we want a snack.) If he wants more, he'll have an egg.

Lunch we eat tons of salads, a stove-top pot kugel (like a giant latke), and more fruit salad for dessert.

Dinner is tons of salads, veggie soup and/or chicken stir-fry. And fruit salad, again, for dessert.

happyone

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 8:22 am
oh, I gain weight just thinking of Pesach.

greenfire

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 8:33 am
yeah matzoh, wine and potatoes ... not to mention my sponge cake which is so fluffy you could eat a whole one in a sitting ... and the rosemary chocolate bars that the kids love ... yeah right

bashinda

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 8:46 am
yeah. for som reason I always eat chocolate leben on Pesach. If I eat vegis other than poatoes (more sweet potatoes, cukes, jicama etc) and skip the chocolate stuff I'd be doing pretty good Pesach time. Btw, one idea is to use less yolk. Sometimes I'll make eggs and for let's say 4 eggs 2 of them will be whites. It's a little different but DH didn't even notice unless I told him.

for me dairy can be good or bad. good if I eat something like cottage cheese with mixed in fruits but bad if I get chocolate leben, and cheese snacks. This year I'm aiming not to gain weight on Pesach but we shall see since I am going to try to make a cake this year. I'm simply curious what it will look like when it's baked.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 2:54 pm
Gain? No, I lose about 5 kilos each time... I just hate Pessach food and most things I like are forbidden, pasta, pizza, white bread, brioche... I even become light headed in the end of the holiday. Honestly I'm dreading it now because I need to eat as much as possible with the breastfeeding and all Sad

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 4:35 pm
Sure I gain. I'm eating more and moving less.

lotte

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 8:10 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Sure I gain. I'm eating more and moving less.

CHOC,ITS GOOD YOU ARE GAINING-THIS WAY YOU WILL HAVE MORE KOYACH=ENERGY TO PROTECT YOURSELF WHEN 1011 IS GONNA PUNCH YOU...LOL Wink

Squash

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 8:28 pm
Ten, what's up with the caps? While you are trying to portray yourself as kind and gentle on that other thread about the meet, if I'd be CM I'd REALLY get scared now! Seems you're shouting at everyone today! Rolling Laughter

Growing up we did not use any bought products and not sugar or potato starch at all. I don't know if we actually lost weight, but everyone felt much much better on pesach. We weren't fatigued, down.... We had NO JUNK in our bodies whatsoever. Although it was hard and us kids were always complaining about it, we all felt GREAT and had loads of ENERGY!!!

dr pepper

Post Sun, Apr 01 2007, 9:56 pm
Um YEAH I'm gonna gain this year. I've been baking up a storm! I'm trying to keep my meals as simple as possible (fruit, veggies, plain chicken, etc) to make up for the overabundance of desserts.

Hope it evens out in the end!

ssbarnes

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 6:47 am
I always gain. Not so much because of what I am eating, but how much of it and I am not as mobile.

I don't do anything processed, but I feel like I am constantly eating.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 9:56 am
Ten, if you aim for the stomach, hips and thighs, that's where the weight is...

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Apr 02 2007, 9:58 am
I lost a pound in a couple of days from all the cleaning! Usually I sit in front of the computer all day, but being on my feet for so many hours really helped.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics