Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Small kitchen supply questions
1  2  Next

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 09 2013, 10:47 am
Which would be the best scooper to use for cookie batter to fit a tablespoon or more?
Which would be the best scooper to use for meatballs to fit smaller than a tablespoon, but larger than a teaspoon?
What is the best pizza pan for a toaster oven, stone or aluminum with holes? Size is not an issue.

Thanks a bunch!!

yo'ma

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 7:23 pm
no one knows Sad ?

oliveoil

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 8:58 pm
Google is your friend...

Mommy3.5

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 10:49 pm
I have an oxo scooper for cookies, I use my hands for meatballs, and diseables for pizza. but wilton makes an awesome round pizza pan, but it will not fit into a toaster.

greenfire

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 11:04 pm
http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....XMAew

this is a great cookie scoop - because it's perfect size and also has metal turning mechanism which last [the plastic wheels break]

meatballs I make with my hands - but I suppose the small scoop would be good for that too - but won't they not be fully rounded? that would annoy me ...

I don't have a stone for pizza so I cannot vouch - but they claim it's the best ... I do however have pans with holes and we do just fine

http://store.calphalon.com/sim.....14615

I actually have these - paid 1/2 that price but love them for mini pizzas that people just top to their own taste ... also have a large similar pan - but only fits in a real oven [which I rarely use because I prefer leaving it pareve]

I have also use the tray that comes with the toaster oven - for a square pie - but I do prefer half-baking the dough prior to taking it off the pan & topping - then finish baking for a crunchy bottom

Marion

Post Sat, Aug 10 2013, 11:20 pm
I just use my hands, for both cookies and meatballs. For a small kitchen they're best as I don't need to have several of them (pareve, meat, dairy), nor do theybtake up any storage space.

bamamama

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 2:33 am
I've never found a pizza stone that would fit in a toaster oven Sad Sounds like you need very specific sizes for cookies and meatballs. Maybe chanamiriam (isn't she the caterer?) would have answers for you - PM her?

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 2:43 am
bamamama wrote:
I've never found a pizza stone that would fit in a toaster oven Sad Sounds like you need very specific sizes for cookies and meatballs. Maybe chanamiriam (isn't she the caterer?) would have answers for you - PM her?

Funny you should say that...

I have some little pizzapans I got from a local restaurant supply store.
I have many scoops in different sizes... They are invaluable! You could also use a kitchen scale and form with your hands. The scale assuming you want consistency of size...

bamamama

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 2:45 am
chanamiriam wrote:
bamamama wrote:

I have many scoops in different sizes... They are invaluable! You could also use a kitchen scale and form with your hands. The scale assuming you want consistency of size...

You are Voldemort. Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 2:47 am
bamamama wrote:
chanamiriam wrote:
bamamama wrote:

You are Voldemort. Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Lol. Voldemort who cooks!

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 7:05 am
oliveoil wrote:
Google is your friend...

I did first google and there were so many things, it was too confusing.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 7:09 am
Thank you all! I will look into those. My toaster oven is also a roaster and is very large.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 4:44 pm
I like the Oxo stuff very much. As far as the pizza pans go, take the rack when you go shopping so you can see what fits.

bubbebia

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:19 pm
Don't use a plastic scoop. I know you can buy those in stores like Bed Bath & Beyond, but they break or just don't get the dough out properly. OXO makes good ones, but I got mine in a kitchen supply store. They are much sturdier, last longer (I've had mine for years and years) and come in a zillion different sizes.

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:38 pm
chanamiriam wrote:
I like the Oxo stuff very much. As far as the pizza pans go, take the rack when you go shopping so you can see what fits.

I think I'd rather measure. I don't think my family would appreciate if I took it with me because I'll be gone awhile Wink .

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:40 pm
Marion wrote:
I just use my hands, for both cookies and meatballs. For a small kitchen they're best as I don't need to have several of them (pareve, meat, dairy), nor do theybtake up any storage space.

I also use my hands, but it will probably go faster with a scooper. B"h my draws are big enough.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:41 pm
bed bath & beyond sells oxo ... along with other things

the objective is that even if the scooper is metal - if the gear is plastic the whole thing is worthless

so spend the monies once on a good item

yo'ma

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:43 pm
greenfire wrote:
- if the gear is plastic the whole thing is worthless

good to know, thanks

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 5:47 pm
and the cookie scoop saves like about 90% of the time shaping them ~ a must have item

[& you won't realize it till you try it]

TehillaHadassah

Post Sun, Aug 11 2013, 7:26 pm
Our toaster oven came with a pizza tin. Check your toaster oven company to see if they offer this piece.
Ours is Black & Decker.
Good Luck!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics